Chapter 36

-July 2019-
-2 days after last chapter-

Olivia's POV:

It's been 2 days since Tim told me about the opportunity of writing a song. I came up with something, I called the song 'All I want' but it's really bad. I keep on changing the lyrics, but I don't feel like it's good. I have too much on my mind to do this. I need to memorize my lines for episode 9, I only have 5 more days to finish this, school is a pain on the neck, and I haven't had a chance to sit and talk with Josh, I miss him even though we see each other everyday, AND I have 2 hickeys on my neck I need to hide from my parents, they're disappearing now.

 I'm thinking of starting over with the lyrics of the song. I showed my mom the song and she said it was good, but she's my mom. Moms always say things to make you feel better. I heard a knock on the door of my dressing room, it was Josh. I'm relieved it's him.

"Liv, come on, we're about to shoot- Why are you sad?" He asked me, noticing my mood.

"I can't do this." I teared up. "This is too hard. I'm quitting." I complained. He held me in his arms, I missed that... a lot, actually.

"You can do this." He replied. "Liv, you come up with lyrics I could've never thought of." He shared with me. "Show me what you've written. I'll give you my honest opinion." He smiled, sitting me down at the piano. I started singing.

"Found a boy, he told me I was a star
He held the door, he held my hand in the dark
And he's perfect on paper, but he's lying to my face
Does he think that I'm the kinda girl who needs to be saved?

And there's one more boy, he's from my past
We fell in love, but it didn't last
The second I get close, he pushes me away
And I won't fight for love if you won't meet me halfway, mmm

'Cause all I want is love that lasts
Is all I've seen all I'll ever have?
Seems like I always get this close
Are my expectations far too high?
The good guys are just hard to find
Try my best, but what can I say?
I'm by myself at the end of the day
At least I've got myself at the end of the day

(btw, this was actually her first draft (: )

Josh's POV:

"This is terrible, I going to start from scratch." She said, ripping the paper from her notebook.

"NO!" I saved the paper before she could throw it away. "Olivia, what are you talking about, you're going to start from scratch?! This is- this is perfect- this is brilliant, it's amazing!" I told her. How does she not see how good this song is?!

"I don't know. It kind of sucks." She shrugged.

"I'm telling you, this song has something special in it. It's incredible " I disagreed.  

"I don't feel like it's enough." She sighed. 

"How? What do you need to change to make it feel like it's enough?" I asked her, trying to solve the problem.

"I don't know. The pre-chorus? It's missing something." She explained.

"What if you sing this:" I said, sitting on the piano bench with her, playing the tune she played.

"'Cause the second I figure it out he pushes me away
And I won't fight for love if you won't meet me halfway
And I say that I'm through but this song's still for you

Just add that last line." I shrugged. "What do you think?"

"I didn't come up with the first line, but I love it." She smiled at me.

"You didn't?" I asked, looking at the paper she almost threw away. "Oh, I thought you did. Why did I sing it then?" I laughed.

"I don't know." She answered. "Can I use it?" She asked me.

"Of course!" I beamed at her. "Is there anything else you would like to change?" I asked her.

"If you heard this, what would you change?" She asked me.

"The last 2 lines." I said, honestly. "Not change it but rephrase it...  Something like...:

All I have is myself at the end of the day

But shouldn't that be enough for me
Ooh ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh.I sang. "What do you think?" He asked.

"It's perfect." She answered, suddenly feeling prouder of the song.

"I'm glad you like it." I smiled.

"Thank you." She wrapped her arms around me. I love her. I love her. I love her. I think it's time to do something about it. 

"We have to shoot. Come on." I smiled, grabbing her hand. 

Olivia's POV:

Josh is always there. He's so talented. He can come up with good lyrics super fast.

"Awww, the lovebirds are holding hands." Frankie squeaked, when Josh and I walked in to set. It doesn't bother me as much anymore that the cast talks about us in that way. I told Josh that, so now we act like a couple, except we aren't. Haha....

"Nice to see you too, Frankie." Josh laughed, going behind me and putting his arms around me. 

"Oh my gosh, you guys want to kill me!?" Frankie squealed, when he saw Josh hugging me from behind.

"Yes." He laughed, kissing my neck. I pulled back and frowned at him, making him confused.

"I don't trust you with my neck anymore." I frowned.  "You gave me 2 hickeys. Do you know how hard it is to hide it from my mom?" I complained, laughing.

"Your hair covers it up. I didn't even notice it until Frankie pointed it out." He laughed.

"Still." I answered, making him roll his eyes.

"Fine, then. Don't ask for hugs." He threatened, putting his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "Or for my hand when we walk, or for kisses, or for my hoodies, OR for piggyback rides." He added.

"You went too far there, Bassett." I gasped.

"Oh yeah? What are you going to do?" He laughed.

"Ignore you." I shrugged, looking away from him. His face quickly changed from a smile to a worried face.

"No. Sorry, I didn't mean that." He hugged me, kissing my forehead. I looked away, hahaha, payback. "Liv, I'm sorry." He shook me, acting like a 5 year old. "I know something that will get you back." He smiled, before he kissed me. He pulled away and frowned. "Kiss me back, please." He begged, before he kissed me again. "Liv. I'm sorry. I was joking." He told me. Hahahaha. "Livvy. LIVVY." He jumped slightly, making everyone laugh. "I lov- LOST my, uh phone!" He exclaimed, quickly looking for it in his pockets. Did he just?- It's the second time this week he stuttered like that. 

"Back pocket, dummy." Julia answered.

"OH! Thanks." He said, hesitantly.

Josh'S POV:

I really have to stop doing that! It's the second time, and Liv already suspected something from the first time. I can't mess up again.

"I, uh. I'm going to, uh, grab so- some water. I'll, umm...b-be right back." I cleared my throat before I left. Why do I have to be so ugh sometimes?