Chapter 14

-February 2019-

Olivia's POV:

I was hungry, and Josh was there so I sort of took advantage of him. In a good way though. That should teach him not to mess with me.

"Here. Your pretzel with cream cheese." He smiled at me, opening the door.

"Thank you, but you forgot something." I respond.

"No I didn't." He says, showing me the bottle of lemon water.

"Yeah, you still forgot something." I said.

"Nope." He grins, showing me the pack of oatmeal cookies.

"And...." I say. He shows me the chocolate covered marshmallows. This boy literally knows everything. I've never told anyone about my obsession with chocolate covered marshmallows, yet somehow he knows this. "I feel better now." I smiled, making him sigh of relieve.

"Okay so, how are we going to do this?" He asked, tuning his guitar.

"I came up with some lyrics while you were gone." I bite the pretzel, showing him the notepad.

"Wow, these are really good lines." He smiles at me.

"Yeah, well your working with the best." I say pretentiously.

"Ooh, okay. So to you I'm no one." He fakes frown.

"Pretty much, yes." I agree. We couldn't keep the sarcasm any more, so we burst out laughing together. I like that I can play this game with someone, Ethan or Madison don't really play along.

We spent the rest of the day coming up with parts of songs, deciding which was better. We still didn't have a clear image of what it was going to sound like, but we still have a lot of time since it's only the first day.

"Can you give me a ride?" I asked.

"Sure. Yeah. I just thought your mom was going to pick you up." Josh answered.

"Yeah, no. I don't really want to see my mom right now." I said looking down at the ground.

"Okay." He answered, as we walked to his car. It was silent for a moment until he spoke again. "If you need someone to talk to I'm always here." He said shyly.

"Thanks, but I don't really want to talk about it. I have enough with school work and memorizing the lines for the show, and now my mom just hates me." I complain.

"No. Don't say that. I'm sure whatever you did isn't that bad for her to hate you. That's a really strong word." He mentioned. I just nodded my head. Maybe he was right. "You know, when I was younger I would always get in trouble, so I experimented some things. I'll give you advice. When you do something dumb, yet they still got mad, just do something like helping with the groceries or washing the dishes, just don't make it that obvious." He started his car.

"If you know you messed up, then give her space for a half a day or so. And don't try to kiss it up to her, that'll just get her angrier. Then give them a speech, something like 'I now what I did was wrong, I wanted to let you know I'm sorry and I'll try to do better.'" He gave the example, I pouted at him because that didn't feel like me. "Yeah, I know it sounds like something I wouldn't say either but it works." He said, somehow he could read my mind.

"Okay. I'll try it. I hope it works." I said admiring the grassfield we drove though.

"Trust me it will." He answered.

"If better. If it doesn't you'll be stuck giving me piggyback rides for the rest of your life." I intimidated him.

"I thought I was stuck with it anyways." He laughed. A few seconds later my phone ringed.

"Oh Gosh, it's my mom." I said anxiously, showing Josh the phone ID.

"Calm down and just talk with authority." He said answering the call.

"Olivia. Where are you? " I herd her say.

"I'm going home right now." I said, hiding my anxiety.

"With who? " She asked. Should I say it was Josh? Would she get mad that some dude, 3 years older than me was taking me home? I mean.... I know who he is, but my mom doesn't.

"The cast." I answered. It wasn't necessarily a lie.

"You could've told me, I was waiting outside the set for like 30 minutes." She scolded me. Well, she needs to check her messages because she hasn't seen the 50 texts I sent her like, 10 hours ago. I was about to say something but Josh stopped me, grabbing my arm.

"Don't talk back." He whispered. Okay, even though I did want to.

"I'm sorry. I forgot." I told my mom.

"That's okay. I have to run some errands, please don't do anything with Ethan I would disapprove." She said. Heck no, after your parents find you and your boyfriend making out... It doesn't really feel the same anymore.

"Okay, I won't. Talk to you later." I said, hanging up. "That was fairly easy." I told him

"Told ya, she didn't even yell at you." He smiled.

"Thanks Joshy." I smiled at him back.

"Well, there you go. Your house." He said, stretching in chair.

"Yep. Thanks Josh!I'll see you tomorrow!" I said hugging him and walking out the car.

"No problem. I'll be working on the song." He answered. Oh right! The song!

"Okay, bye." I said closing the door.

"Babe." Ethan said worn out, walking up to me and wrapping his arms around me. "I did not know your mother could go on and on and on and ramble about the same things over and over and over again!" He said, burying his face on my shoulder. Yeah, my mom could be that type of person.

"I'm sorry," I said, caressing his hair. "Why didn't you come to set? You could've saved half of that."

"I felt guilty if I'd left like that." He answered, looking up to me. I hugged him, knowing my mom could be a handful sometimes.

"Guess what?" I smiled, pulling away from the hug.

"What?"

"I get to write a song for the show!"

"What? Liv that's amazing!" He congratulated me, spinning me around and pecking my lips. "How did it happen?"

"Tim just called Josh and me to his office and offered us to write a song together for the last episodes!" I said, as we sat down on the couch.

"Wait, Josh is writing the song with you?" He asked

"Yep."

"Oh, I thought it was all on you." He said. We talked little bit more after that, and then we went to Six Flags after that.

Josh's POV:

Okay, am I crushing a little bit harder on Olivia? Possibly.
Do I need to back off because she's taken? Absolutely.

The more time I spend with her the more I think she thinks of me as her older brother. I don't know.