Chapter 21

Third day, it was the third day since I moved in with Niall. The feeling wasn't much new except for the fact that now we both had ‘one’ home. I left the apartment everyday knowing that I would come back home to Niall - my family. It was such a harmonious feeling to see him in the house, waiting for me, saying to me how much he missed me after I came back from office.

It also opened up a path for me to enjoy more and more Irish foods which Niall cooked every other night. Adding to that, his work was going great as well.

I woke up at 9.00 in the morning when Niall was still asleep with his bare-back facing the ceiling. I smiled sinking in the familiar image of him sleeping innocently with his lips quivering in exhalation of warm breaths. I pushed away a strand of hair falling over my face and landed a kiss on his right cheek before climbing down the bed.

I took a long shower, and washed my hair. I prepared sandwiches for Niall and changed into my work robes. As I gulped down cereals and milk Niall came out into the sitting area wearing biscuit colored shorts.

“Good morning,” I smiled taking the last spoon of cereals.

“Good morning,” he replied in a hoarse voice, wiggling his eyes with his hands.

“I've prepared sandwiches for you,” I informed as I dumped the bowl into the sink.

“Okay,” he muttered.                                                                              

I went to the bathroom to rinse my mouth before coming back to drink some water. I grabbed my bag along with the phone, and Aryan’s car keys before walking towards the door.

“Drive safely,” Niall said patting on my back.

“I will,” I nodded, stepping out of the apartment.

“I love you, and I’ll miss you.”

I smiled before leaning in to kiss on his lips tenderly. “You stink, go and brush,” I turned on my heel to move out of the building.

Aryan’s car stood parked in the driveway. I boarded it, and fastened the seat belt before pulling it out and driving straight to the left. I put on a pair of black shades on my eyes, and turned on the radio to listen to the news.

I know, it sounds old but we've (ad people) to scan news constantly to stay updated.

The weather was sultry and kind of dry. However, little did it do to dampen my mood because the feeling of driving after so long provided me immense satisfaction. I was on cloud nine – totally in the groove. Turning the volume up as the radio now played current pop music; I sped up the vehicle until getting stuck in traffic jam.

I sighed and leaned back on the car-seat. Series of ideas of what Niall might be doing rushed into my mind making me engross in a train of thoughts. One thing led to another and I remembered Rita’s reaction once I told her about moving in with Niall.

“Hey, what’s up?” Rita asked, delight recognizable in her tone.

“How are you?” I asked back, taking a bite off my cheese sandwich.

“I'm fine, office is rough. What about you?”

“I'm great; office is rough for me too.”

“How’s it going with Niall by the way?”

I paused trying to hide my smile for a few seconds before retorting, “He has returned to India.”

“WHAT? HE HAS WHAT?” she screamed so loud that I felt my ear-drums exploding.

“Long story short, he surprised me on his birthday, September 13, and came to India,” I smiled from ear to ear.