Chapter 45

I was happy about getting the promotion, but what was the use? I was anyway leaving Calcutta, and the VISA process kept me shit busy, and messed up. It never seemed to get over. The UK government's website mentioned the process to not take more than three months, and I admit that it wasn't even a month that I applied for fiancé visa, but I couldn't wait anymore. I couldn't wait to go to Manchester and start afresh. I couldn't wait to meet Niall's family and friends who became my family and friends as well. And I definitely couldn't wait to marry Niall and give birth to our baby, and start our family.

Day before yesterday, the British Embassy sent me an email as well as text message to notify me that my questioning process will be today. I wished it was tomorrow, Sunday because then I wouldn't have to take yet another early leave from office.

I shouldn't have cared about the job anymore, but receiving promotion only days before made me very happy. However, the VISA process meant a lot more so; I gathered courage and asked Prakash Sir for an early leave.

As expected he blasted me off, and this time I got really annoyed. I knew I didn't give any signal to them to understand that I was leaving the city in fact country forever soon, but if they thought me worthy of getting a promotion so early then they should know I wouldn't compromise my work if it wasn't anything important. Therefore when Prakash Sir warned me one last time, I turned around and said: "I promise this is the last time, Sir. You won't see me taking early leaves anymore because I won't need to."

Niall met me outside my office. I grew heavy in a few days only, and that increased Niall's 'overly protective' self. After telling him repeated number of times that I could go alone and he could just pick me up from the Embassy, Niall denied listening to me.

So, here I was in a December afternoon, hugging my fiancé who looked ravishing in a red button down striped shirt and black skinny jeans.

"Woahh," Niall said as I almost knocked his shades down with a peck on his cheek. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I retorted, but soon changed my answer. "Actually, I'm not. My boss, I just hate him. He thinks he can just boss me around with stupid warnings? Well, guess what you fat oldie, I'm anyway leaving the job so; you all can drown in mid ocean."

"Baby, what's wrong?" he wrapped his arm around me as we walked down the street.

"Prakash Sir gave me yet another warning today. If I take any more early leaves he'll fire me."

"Why do you care? You're anyway leaving Calcutta."

"I know I shouldn't, but for some reason I do. I don't like people just bossing me around. If and when I'm wrong I know it, and I don't need anyone to give me lectures on that especially if I did that WRONG for a valid reason," I lifted my fingers up to quote 'wrong.'

"Alright, forget that oldie," he squeezed me tight. "It's okay. Bosses are meant to be cruel all around the world. Do you think my boss is good?"

"No, I think he is worst."

"Haa, see even you know it," he laughed. "But why do you think that?"

"He makes you this irritating asshole due to extra work, and I hate that Niall," I don't know what I was blabbering. Talk about the side effects of pregnancy. The hormones were starting to take control of my mood.

"The hormones are kicking in," Niall pursed his lips all the while holding me tight to his body. "Take it easy, and don't lose your calm at the questioning. Alright?"

I swallowed. "Alright."

On reaching the bus stop, many cabs came to our notice and Niall summoned one. We boarded the vehicle hastily and my fiancé instructed the driver to take us to British Embassy.