Chapter 33

The next day, we reached home at around 1.00 Pm. The train halted at Sealdah station sharp at 11.00 Am – ten minutes ahead of scheduled time. I stayed mute about my pregnancy throughout the journey, but I knew that my facial expressions betrayed me well enough. Niall gave me confused looks all the time, and somewhere down the line I could really feel the internal battle that raged inside him. However, I was helpless. The more I thought about the little life forming inside me the more I got dejected.

"I'll order food from outside. You better go, and change," Niall suggested as we entered the bedroom. He kept the suitcase on the floor beside the wardrobe.

"I think we've some instant noodles, I can cook some," I retorted in a very low voice.

"No, I don't want you to cook. Have you looked at yourself? You need sleep."

I thought over the sentence, and chuckled in my mind. It was such an irony – I indeed needed sleep. Nothing in my body was working normally, NOTHING! Nodding discreetly, I unzipped the suitcase, and took out my towel, and robes. I strolled forward, and entered the bathroom, planning to indulge myself in a long shower.

After another half-an-hour, I exited the bathroom. To my utmost shock, I found Niall stacking our clothes inside the wardrobe. He put the ones that needed to be sent to the launderer inside the laundry bag, and the rest,nicely on the racks.

"Hey," he smiled as he put the suitcase on the topmost rack of the wardrobe.

"What are you doing?" I asked, shaking my head.

"Arranging stuff," he answered casually as if it was a stupid question to ask. "Are you done?"

"Yeah," I nodded, hesitating.

"Good," he sighed, rubbing off his hands. "This looks fine, right?" he gestured at me.

I took a look of the racks, and couldn't agree more with him. "Yes," I smiled.

"Great," he replied, and closed the wardrobe before turning around, and grabbing his towel, and robes from the suitcase. "The food might come any moment. My wallet is kept on the nightstand, please receive it."

"Okay," I nodded as he smiled at me, and entered the bathroom.

I walked to the living room, and sat perched on the couch. I thought over what Niall just did, and realized for the umpteenth time how lucky I am to have him in my life – irrespective of what he did. These little things that he did for me proved how much he loves me, and made me fall more in love with him every time as well. It was like a give and take policy as if we were a team – growing proportionately, the only difference being in the hour of need, he always put himself as my shield. He was tired as hell too, but he knew my fetish to organize stuff right away will kill me hence, he stacked the clothes right away lest I get weaker, trying to do it myself.

"Stupid blonde," I smiled on my own, murmuring as I thought about the gesture.

My musing was broken as the doorbell rang loudly. I sprung up from the couch, realizing it's the food delivery. I ran back to the room, and grabbed Niall's wallet before coming to the sitting area again, and opening the door.

"Hi, ma'am," a cute delivery guy smiled.

"Hello," I smiled back, realizing he is new at the food corner.

"Here is your order," he handed me the packet. "Two chicken wraps, two regular fries, and one coke, and another diet coke."

"Perfect," I nodded, smiling wider. "How much?"

"Ahhmm...." He sighed. "Rupees 426 ma'am."

"Okay," I dug deep inside the wallet, and handed him a 500-rupee note.