Chapter 24

“Hey, long time no contact, what’s up?” I inquired, receiving Rita’s call.

“Fine, what’s up with you?” She asked back.

“Just going. Office is being very hectic these days. New advertisement shoot is coming up, and the cast is yet to be set. Production team is going crazy, just a big massacre,” I replied, walking up the stairs and flashing a smile at Kumar who was busy talking on the phone.

“Relax, everything will go well. How’s Niall?”

“How will he be? Chilled out and happy as usual,” I laughed, throwing my head back and ringing the door bell.

“That sounds like Niall. By the way, how is living together turning out to be?” Niall opened the door, smiling at me.

I smiled back at him, and retorted, “Fun, he cooks for me more than half the days.” I squeezed Niall’s cheeks. He gestured, asking who it is on the phone and I raised my hand signaling that I’ll answer later.

“Lucky girl and I’m yet to find a boy.”

“Don’t worry, some stupid moron must be waiting for you somewhere,” I laughed, opening my shoes and putting them on the shoe-rack. I plunged myself on the couch.

“Well, that chartered accountant certainly wasn’t the moron then.”

“He was the last date you had?” I arched by brows.

“I….I stay busy, Lily.”

“Okay, good luck,” I laughed. Niall came at this time holding two cups of coffee. The aroma mesmerized my senses like always.

“So, the reason why I called you was….ahhmm,” she hesitated.

“Hmm?” I took a sip from the coffee.

“I got a job as a content writer in a Bangalore based website,” she finally said.

“WHAT? Wow, Rita that’s awesome,” I screamed in elation at the top of my voice, spilling some coffee on my dress.

“Yes, it’s a technology based website. I’m really chuffed that they chose me after the shitty interview.”

“Okay, are you shifting to Bangalore?” I came back to reality as my eyes widened.

“Ahhmm…..yeah, with my brother,” she retorted, calmly.

“Ohh….that’s….that’s good.”

“I’ll miss you a lot, Lily. Promise me you’ll pay me visit if you come to Bangalore?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“I’ll stay with my aunt until I find my own place, and my parents are shifting to the apartment here.”

“That’s even better, I’m so happy for you.”

“I know you’re.”

“So when are you leaving?” I asked, taking two long sips from my coffee.

“Friday. I’ve to pack my life off.”

“Well, good luck for the new venture, dear. I love you.”

“I love you too, and don’t forget to invite me on your wedding.”

“Shut up,” I blushed, biting my lower lip and taking a look of Niall’s face.

She laughed out loud and said, “Okay, bye. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Bye, take care,” I replied as we both hung up.