Chapter 38

The sound of rumbling voices jerked me off of my sleep. I opened my eyes slowly to find the room filled with sunlight. My head ached as if I woke up to a very bad hangover. I had a very bad feeling that something wrong happened, and that's when I remembered about Niall. He was shot by Aarav last night. I grabbed my mobile to learn that it was 10.00 Am, and scurried out the door. I didn't remember the way that the receptionist walked me to the room last night. I just kept moving rather running until I reached the receptionist's workstation.

"Hello, ma'am, did you sleep well?" she smiled.

"Don't 'hello ma'am' me. Where is Niall? How is he now? I wanna see him. Take me to him," I snapped.

Her eyes widened as she kept peering at me. "He's still under heavy medication; I don't think you can see him yet ma'am."

"I'm his bloody fiancée. He has no one else in this city other than me to look after, and I demand you to take me to my fiancé," I snapped again.

Her eyes grew even wider. She swallowed, and nodded. "This way, ma'am," she left her workstation, and stood beside me.

We walked into the doctor's lounge once again. Going straight, we crossed another hallway, and entered another part of the building. I noticed many people roaming around us, but my heart, mind, and soul were focused on Niall only. After what seemed like forever, we finally entered the ICU (Intensive Care Unit), and I saw my fiancé lying in bed – still the same unmoving self I left him last night.

"Don't give him stress, and try to keep everything light," the receptionist advised, and left by closing the door shut behind her.

I looked at Niall, and saw him sleeping peacefully. Almost instantly my heart became heavy, and I covered my mouth with both of my hands. I strolled forward, and stood before him. A saline system was going through his body which required a fine needle to be slit through his vein on the hand. He wore a blue colored patient's dress, and slept by tilting his head to his left – away from me. I grabbed a stool and sat on it, beside him. His chest was plastered with lots of bandages, and I knew that was the spot where the bullet must've entered. I ran my hand over it, and within seconds fat tears drenched my cheeks. When the sound became audible, I bent my head down, and put my lips in between my teeth.

Ads by ExstraCouponAd Options

But the sound woke Niall up anyway. I felt him moving discreetly. On lifting my head up, we locked sight. His blue eyes completely lost their dazzle, and paleness cast over his beautiful face.

"Hey, baby," he smiled.

"Hi," I somehow spoke in between my tears.

"Jesus, you look gross," and we laughed at his statement.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, wiping away the tears.

"Great," he winked.

I shook my head, smiling at his ability to make me laugh even at this situation.

"I'm just....so very, very, sorry," I joined my hands, and put my head on it.

"Hey, hey, hey," he whispered, and opened his mouth to say something, but I restricted.

"I'm just such a horrible person. You don't deserve me, Niall. You deserve so much better, someone who respects your love. I'm a douche bag to have always doubted your feelings," I couldn't finish the sentence because I wept ceaselessly.

Forever Yours (Stay With Me Sequel)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें