Chapter 49

It was getting boring – really boring to get "warnings" from Prakash Sir every day for taking early leaves and not seeing the "warnings" turn into reality. And today was just another day that I found myself in his office asking for an early leave.

"No, no, you can't," he almost screamed.

"Sir, I need to visit the doctor for my check up," I retorted through gritted teeth.

"Don't show me your attitude, alright?" he pointed his index finger at me.

"I'm not showing you any attitude, sir. I'm just asking you for an early leave for a valid reason," I replied calmly.

"Get this, Lily. If you leave today, you'll lose your job. I'll fire you right away," his voice was heavy and serious.

My lips parted and eye brows furrowed as I glared at him with clenched jaws. It was ridiculous for him to fire me after promoting me only a few weeks before. Moreover, getting fired would mean a huge embarrassment. But would it matter?

Not really....

I was leaving India very soon and though Niall and I didn't decide on the date of boarding the flight – the current threat by Prakash Sir annoyed me so much that I felt like taking the flight right then. And that's when it struck me to resign from the job instead of getting fired. I would have to do it anyway, and it wasn't that I would run out of money so, why not do it now?

Satisfied with my plan, I swallowed and looked deeply in the eyes of Prakash Sir. He was flaunting a chuckled look at me and I only internally laughed, anticipating the change it would it would acquire in split seconds.

"You probably don't know, sir but I'm leaving India soon. I would have had to resign, anyway because I'm shifting to Manchester permanently with my fiancé. Therefore, I'll make it easy on you. I'll give my resignation after the Christmas holidays and you don't need to fire me anymore," I said, proudly.

He looked like he lost his words. Now his lips parted and eye brows furrowed.

"I should run because my doctor's appointment is really important," I smiled. "I'll take that as a yes. It was great working with Orient and I'll keep the memories always in my heart. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with such a great company," I pointed at Prakash Sir's face and turned on my heel.

When I exited his cabin he maintained his shocked look that carried a tinge of hurt-ego as well, but as Niall would say "I didn't give a damn."

Naina shifted her sight from the computer before her to me as soon as I exited Prakash Sir's cabin. Aryan was with her –skipping his work, and they were engaged in some funny conversation maybe as appeared from their laughing.

"Hey, what did he say?" Naina asked as I ignored them and was on the verge of entering the workspace.

"I offered to resign after the Christmas holidays," I turned around and smiled.

"WHAT?" both of them were stunned.

"What's so shocking? I'm gonna leave India and had to resign anyway so, why not now?" I stated.

"You're hiding something," Aryan caught me.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "He said he'll fire me if I leave office early today so, I said I'll resign instead. Simple," I shrugged.

The couple became silent for a few seconds before Naina spoke up.

"Well, I guess we didn't expect your end days to arrive so early in office," she said in a sad tone.