Chapter 13

[A.N: Really sorryyyy for late update but HERE IT IS........ Hope you guys like it. Please vote and comment if you like. Muahhss...love you all. ]

I spent the whole night literally awake staring at my mobile hoping anyone would call me if not Niall himself. But to no avail. Initially I cried my heart out with it filled with mixed emotions of anger, regret, grief and what not but then even the tears dried off. I got exhausted. The reality of a long distance relationship never got the better off me.

I wished Niall happy birthday an umpteen number of times with each message having an apology ticker but didn’t get a single reply yet.

I went to office looking like a walking corpse. Adding to the ongoing anxiety of Niall not talking to me I was bothered about Aryan’s attitude towards me after what Niall did to him yesterday. However, thankfully he was matured enough to behave normally.

“Why are you behaving so weirdly today?” Aryan asked as we occupied a table at the canteen.

“Nothing,” I replied bluntly.

“Are you still thinking about yesterday?” he took a sip from his coke.

“Maybe,” I bowed my head down as I un-wrapped the cheese sandwich.

“I told you it’s okay, Lily. I’m sure Niall didn’t mean it that way. I can understand how difficult it must be for you guys to continue the relationship.”

I smiled and paused for a few good seconds before retorting, “You’re a wonderful friend, thank you.”

“No problem,” he smiled back.

For the next fifteen minutes we talked about various topics like sports which by the way excited Aryan a lot knowing that I was an ardent follower of it, music especially BB (The Backstreet Boys) and pizza. The conversation was so refreshing that I forgot even if for a fraction of seconds the tension that was looming over my mind regarding Niall. Retreating to the work-space and to my table eventually I checked my mobile, Facebook and Twitter profiles again and again hoping to get a reply from Niall but there wasn’t any sign of hope.

“Please, baby reply to me. I’m sorry,” I murmured under my breath before somehow managing to concentrate on work.

Anyway, at 5.00 Pm I turned the computer off and arranged all my stuff to dump them in my bag. I walked out of the work-space towards the exit exchanging a mild glance with Naina.

“Lily, wait up,” Aryan screamed seeing me speed my pace up right after exiting the office.

I ceased walking and waited for him to come up to me.

“Will you not go with me?” He asked oh-so naively.

“I guess no. I wanna walk alone and sort certain thoughts in my mind.”

“Are you sure?”

“Pretty sure,” I tried to put up a fake smile.

He didn’t pester me anymore with God’s grace and drove off in his car. I walked with a slow pace and thought about this first huge fight between Niall and I. We’ve certainly had minor and petty fights every now and then but never like this one. To say it broke my heart would be an understatement. It actually shattered me into pieces. With him living so further away, I became even more skeptical than I used to be. Hence, no matter how hard I believed in Niall’s love there was always a fear in my heart of this struggle crumbling us into bits. This fight seemed like the ultimatum.

I walked until the metro station thinking about all these and continued to ponder on it throughout my way home. It was sharp 6.15 Pm when I entered my building. I got inside the elevator and pressed the button dying to get back to the apartment and just sit calmly. However, no sooner did the elevator ding than I noticed four luggages placed before my apartment. I hurriedly stepped out of the machine and scanned the bags with furrowed eye-brows.