Chapter 48

It turned out that by "everything" Niall meant my continuing tampered relationship with Mr. and Mrs. Gandhi. He wanted me to reconcile with them so that they had no hard feeling for us. Honestly, it annoyed me because Niall never really gave a damn about anyone having any opinion about us. He kept telling me that Mr. and Mrs. Gandhi took care of me after my parents died, and that's true. In fact, without them I would've been a different person altogether, but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to my opinion. I knew I was right, I knew Niall wasn't a mistake, and I definitely knew that had my parents been alive they would've surely loved him and approved our relationship. Hell, I saw my mother's apparition and she said to me to have trust on Niall, and not to give up when I got weak. That counts for something and as they say when it feels right, it is right.

However, nothing could stop my fiancé from dragging me to them to resolve all the issues. My repeated whining that eventually turned out to be requests went in vain.

Therefore, here I was on a beautiful Sunday evening en route to doing something that obviously didn't feel beautiful in my mind.

"What are you so afraid of?" Niall asked as we settled ourselves on the seat of the cab.

"What gives you the idea that I'm afraid?" I scoffed.

"Then why are you being such a pessimist?"

"Niall, sometimes some things are better left unresolved in life, and this is definitely one of those," I swallowed, taking breath. "I exactly know what they're gonna say, and I don't want that in my life. I'm sensitive and hearing them say nasty things about you would only make me weak," I explained, a tiny part of me hoping that he would instruct the cab driver to take an U-turn and drop us back to Paradise.

"I believe we can change their minds, just have faith," he blinked his eyes slowly.

"Have faith in what? Or whom?" I shrugged, knitting my brows.

"In me, can you do that?" he looked deep in my eyes.

I looked back at them, intensely and nodded. I had no choice left than nod actually.

The ride back to my old apartment brought back many memories. It was more than a year that I left the flat, and didn't go back because I had no reason to. I didn't know what happened to the flat and only guessed that the landlord must have sold it to someone new. But the images from my growing up years, and last year that I spent with Niall reflected before my eyes.

The driver pulled over soon as Niall and I got down the cab. I scanned my eyes over the building over and over again while my fiancé paid the driver.

"Let's go?" he put a caring arm around my waist before running a hand through his hair.

He looked indescribably handsome in a white full sleeved shirt with the sleeve buttons done that he teamed up with deep blue jeans and suede boots.

"Niall, we don't have to do this," I rested my hands on the sides of his arms, feeling the muscles.

"I'm not even listening, Lily so, let's just go," he grabbed my hand and dragged me in. I moved my face and walked anyway.

We took the elevator as Niall pressed '2' button. He looked at me and smirked, taking me aback.

"What?" I shrugged, furrowing my brows.

"Remember how I told you once that I've a great memory?" he leaned in and asked - the smirk intact on his face.

"Yeahh," I nodded, smiling.

"See, I remember which floor they live albeit I never visited their apartment," he retorted.