Chapter 10

[A.N: I got really late to reply.........So here is a DOUBLE UPDATE to make up for it. E.N.J.O.Y]

Rita’s confession shook the ground beneath my feet. I didn’t grab any extreme weapon of avenge but I was hurt obviously. However the good thing that happened out of everything is that Aarav stopped harassing me. It’s been three days and he didn’t do anything to scare the hell out of me. It wasn’t that I was living out of fear completely but some form of peace was definitely regained.

“I feel sad now,” I made a puppy face as I boarded Aryan’s car.

“What now?” he inquired while fastening his seat belt.                  

“I miss the shooting now. I can’t believe such a bulk program is over already,” I hung my head into my hands.

“Poor Niall, I pity him,” he received a hard smack on his arm at such a reply.

He laughed with the sound whirling around in the vehicle.

“So are you an only child, Lily?” he asked as he swirled the steering wheel twice to bend into an alley.

My laughter stopped instantly as I brought myself in a straight posture. It was a normal question that could have sound okay in ‘normal’ situation. But I wasn’t in ‘normal’ situation. I should’ve been able to move on by now especially when I had Niall in the form of a static support system in my life but the reality was that I was ALONE in the city. I felt vulnerable whenever I had to reveal the truth of my life to anyone NEW.

“No,” I replied looking on my lap. My voice deeper.

“Is everything okay?”

“Yeah,” I breathed out glancing out through the window. Our conversation paused there until we reached the metro station.

I got off the car hurriedly. My head pretty muddled. I caught Aryan’s watch on me from the corner of my eyes.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” he said hoping to get some response from me.

I ceased walking and felt his voice ringing through my ears. I couldn’t have behaved like this with every person I meet. I had to grow up someday, and why not that someday be today? The faster it happens the better.

I took a long breath before turning around and replying, “I’m an orphan, Aryan. My parents and younger sister died in a car accident last year.”

Silence……

“Goodnight. I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said and went across the road to enter the metro station.

Strangely, with Aryan and mine friendship growing stronger day by day revealing the truth put down a vast stone off of my shoulders. Maybe we’ll stay good friends and disclosing to him wasn’t a bad idea.

I reached home at around 7.00 Pm. The metro broke down in the middle and we had to wait for half-an-hour for the services to start again. I walk from Nagerbazar until my building wasn’t boring unlike the other days because Mrs. Gandhi called me up after a long time. We discussed about a lot of stuff and it was really nice to hear from her. However, her voice reflected that she was still not ready to approve my decision of pursuing a relationship with Niall all alone. It didn’t matter though because I didn’t care.

I cooked some instant noodles and gulped them down fast before sitting perched on the couch to watch One Tree Hill. I watched it with a lot of interest alike other days but a lot more tears. It was a bad-ass emotional day. At around 11.30 Pm, I took a cold shower and changed into a lavender top and white shorts before turning off all the lights and resorting to my room. I turned the laptop on and connected the dongle before logging into my Facebook account. Niall pinged me instantaneously.