Chapter 11

The rest of the week passed by quickly. The advertisement went public and the feedbacks were unexpectedly good. Aryan and I won incentives of Rs. 5000 each. Initially I thought to shop but then I controlled my temptation thinking how useful it will be after Niall comes back to India. Congratulatory messages came from Mr. and Mrs. Gandhi as well as Rita. I sent the link of the video to the boys including Niall and they dropped me encouraging comments too. However, Greg’s message meant the most since he is himself into advertising.

“I think I’ll have a job for you in my company if you come to Manchester,” he laughed on the phone.

“That is too farfetched a dream, Greg,” I smiled shaking my head.     

“I mean it.”

“I didn’t contribute ONLY.”

“Learn to enjoy praises, woman,” his voice rose.

I laughed and nodded saying, “Okay, Sir.”

“So how are you doing?”

“Just fine.”

“So is Niall,” he sounded serious.

I closed my eyes briefly sinking in the depth of the struggle we were going through.

“Part of life, we’ll be together soon.”

“Of course,” he responded and asked, “Oh….did Niall tell anything about me?” Excitement breaking through his voice.

“Ahhmm…..no, why?”

“Well then he might tell you tonight, it’s a huge thing,” I could sense every ounce of his body smiling.

“You could tell me now,” I suggested even though I knew it would be futile.

“Don’t be so nosy, Lily,” he laughed.

“I hate you. You Horan brothers are similar in every irritating way,” I growled.

“Hahaha….I gotta go, bye,” he said.

“Bye,” I replied as he hung up.

I fiddled with my phone before putting the last piece of the chicken sandwich in my mouth. It felt weird eating alone without Aryan who took a leave citing fever. I knew the real reason though which was a job interview. Olivia was there but I would better eat alone than eat with her.

“That is not for you to decide, Riam,” I caught Naina screaming on the phone when I got downstairs.

I couldn’t help but stop walking and glance at her. She caught my attention and lowered her voice.

“I’ve my own life and decisions to take,” she whispered now.

I walked ahead and entered the work-space. However, my curiosity was too powerful to be suppressed hence; I leaned against the door hiding from Naina’s sight and eavesdropped.

“If you’re behaving like this now I can’t imagine the situation after marriage,” she talked in normal voice.

“It is my fucking life, Riam…..yeah….oh then you better fuck off, I never wanna see your face even…..Yeah, get out of my life, I’m done,” she threw her phone on the table knocking the plaque down. Her head made way into her hands with her elbows resting on the table.

I furrowed my eye-brows fighting an inner urge to ask her the reason for the breakdown. I might have changed my mind thinking it’s her personal matter when her weeping noises flew to my ears. I sprung out from my hideout and ran to her.

“Naina?” I placed my hands on the sides of her shoulders.

She simply cried shaking her head.