Chapter 39

[A.N: I think Lily should be given some medal studded with diamonds to be able to stay ALIVE after being with Niall. Check out the GIF above, please!!]

The week passed by real slow or at least that's what I felt without Niall at home. I visited him every day after office with home cooked foods to keep him happy, and from feeling lonely. He was such a baby to find happiness in such little gestures.

In the meantime, I informed Aryan and Naina about everything - the engagement, my decision to shift to Manchester with Niall, and Aarav shooting him on last Sunday night. They looked more than shocked all because they never even heard of Aarav before. And that was the toughest part as I had to go back in time, and explain to them what all happened a year before. I hated reminiscing because it brought back dark memories, I so wanted to escape from. However, the sweet couple offered to help me with whatever they could.

I also filed a FIR with the police wing of Nightingale hospital. I narrated to them everything that happened between Aarav and I, how we met, and how he used to stalk and threaten me, how he tried to rape me before finally attempting to murder my fiancé. The hospital handed over the bullet as the doctor promised, in a container to the police wing. The investigation was started soon after, and Niall and I vowed to provide full cooperation to the police.

As per informing anyone was concerned, just as my subconscious mind predicted, Niall could tell neither Zayn nor his mom about the whole incident. Although, I received certain harmony in that because I feared everyone in his family, and the boys might start hating me, I knew that we needed at least Zayn to know because the investigations were going faster than expected. We needed him more than anyone else.

Niall was finally getting discharged today. His heartbeats were back to normal, blood pressure was perfect, and he looked fresh as a flower. Like other days, today also I came to the hospital after office, but this time Aryan and Naina tagged along with me too.

"How is the investigation going?" Naina asked as I flashed a smile to the receptionist.

"Good actually. It turns out that Aarav still lives in the same apartment close to my old building," I chuckled.

"Such a coward! Pssshhh," Aryan laughed.

"I know," I smirked. We passed the doctor' lounge, and entered the hallway in the other part of the building.

"So, did the police plan an encounter or something?" Naina inquired.

"Not that we're aware of, but once I take Niall home they might ask for our help, let's see," I shrugged.

"You're sure they'll arrest him, right?" Aryan wondered with arched eye-brows.

"Cent percent sure. And do you think they can get away without arresting him?" I raised my brows this time. We entered Niall's room. He was shifted to a normal room two days before after the doctor declared that he was completely out of danger.

"Heyyy, what a surprise?" Niall's face lit up seeing Aryan, and Naina. He straightened up, and sat in his bed.

"Hello, bro, how do you feel?" Aryan strolled ahead, and hugged my fiancé.

"I feel awesome, how are you?"

"Great," he smiled.

"So, Lily tells me that you and Naina are soon getting engaged?" Niall winked at Naina. She turned pink.

"Ahhmm...." Aryan took a glimpse of his girlfriend's face, and smiled, scratching the back of his head nervously. "Yeah....yeah, we're. Our family finally accepted the match so; we don't wanna wait any longer."