Chapter 37

I scampered my way towards Niall, my cheeks still burned from the continuous slaps of Aarav. I shook Niall vigorously in the hope of getting some response from him.

"Niall, wake up baby, please.....please, wake up," tears saw no end as they cascaded down my cheeks.

He didn't move, but lied lengthwise with blood engulfing him completely now. My lips quivered, and eyes widened at the sight of it. He was slipping away from me, and right before my eyes.

"Baby, you can't leave me. You promised to not screw this up again, you can't leave me all alone. Wake up.....Niall, I can't stay without you, please.....just please, come back to me," I mumbled as my heart pounded.

I had no idea what I was going to do, but hell in no way I would let Niall die. I looked around, and found the alley to be covered in pitch dark. To my right side, stood the man I hated – Aarav. I thought I could never hate anyone because my mother always told that "hate" is a very strong word, and should be applicable when you've absolutely zero emotion towards something or someone. I met my eyes with Aarav, and saw him smiling at me, the most devilish smile I had ever noticed. His hands were smeared with Niall's blood from when he punched him on the face, and his nose burst. He had no regret in his eyes; in fact, they flashed a saddening form of relief as if Niall's death was the ultimate form of happiness to him. And right there as I scanned my eyes over him, I realized that I hate him, I hate him so much that I could see him dead – dead before my eyes.

Just as I rose to my feet, I heard footsteps approaching the alley. I turned to my left, expectantly, and found a man wearing white shirt, and coffee colored trousers, walking towards us. As he came under the flickering streetlight, his eyes widened, and mouth became agape. His vision shifted from Niall's blood smeared, unmoving body, and Aarav's blood stained hand, holding the gun.

Ads by ExstraCouponAd Options

"Did....did you two...." He couldn't finish his sentence as I cut him.

"Please, help me, sir. He.....he shot my....my fiancé," I ran to him, and showed him my ring. "Please can you help me take him to the hospital? Please? I....I can't live without him," I joined my hands before him, and cried incessantly. I doubted if he understood my words as I mumbled throughout.

As his eyes travelled back to Aarav, the coward turned around, and ran as fast as he could. I gritted my teeth, feeling the hate towards him boil inside my entirety. "Please, sir?" I asked him once again.

He looked in my eyes for awhile before nodding. "I'll call an ambulance," he dug deep inside his pocket to fetch his mobile.

"We don't have time for the ambulance to arrive, we've to get a taxi," I said, wiping away the tears that kept rolling down.

"Alright, we'll take him to Nightingale Hospital," he nodded, patting on my back as I smiled. "You look after him, I'll get a taxi."

I ran back to Niall, and sat down to lift half of his body before holding his head close to my chest. "Just hold on, baby. I'll not let anything happen to you, please hold on. I love you, I'll not let anyone break us," I whispered in his ear as my eyes watered up.

The man returned inside a taxi in a blink of eye. He got down, and instructed the driver to help him with carrying Niall inside the vehicle. The driver's expression showed as if he saw a ghost, but he helped the man anyway. I cried, standing at their back as I witnessed my new fiancé being lied down on the backseat.

"Hurry up," the man gestured at me.                         

I nodded, and sniffed before boarding the taxi at the backseat. I occupied a small place on the seat by putting Niall's head on my lap.