Chapter 18

“May I come in, Sir,” I asked opening the door.

“Yeah, come in Lily,” Prakash Sir smiled.

I entered his cabin and closed the door before turning to walk up to him.

“Yes, Lily,” he said.

“Sir, I was wondering if I could take an early leave today,” I retorted hoping in my heart what was least expected.

“Why?” he sounded mad.

“Ahhmm….I’ve an appointment with the dentist,” I lied convincingly.

“I don’t see any problem in your teeth, they’re perfect and white,” I couldn’t recognize if his tone was angry or calm.

“Thank you but the problem is with a molar tooth, you know, deep inside,” I gestured.

He gasped and nodded saying, “Alright, I believe you. Take care.”

“Don’t worry, Sir. It’s not going to be a regular thing. I’ll not break my commitment,” I blinked my eyes mildly showing assurance. He smiled back and nodded before I left the cabin.

Aryan offered to escort me until the gate. We walked out of the work-space as I tucked my hairs behind my ear. I looked at Naina who was busy typing on the key-board as her eyes were fixated on the monitor. I moved my head from her to Aryan and vice-versa. It hurt me seeing pain splitting through his eyes. Unfulfilled love is worse, I’d say.

“Hey, looking good,” Naina smiled at me breaking her gaze from the screen.

“Thank you,” I retorted taken off guard.

“He has been waiting for a long time,” she smirked.

“Niall?” my eyes became wide-apart. She nodded.

I smiled before replying, “He has a habit of coming early.”

“Don’t make him wait,” she held onto her smirk.

I nodded and walked ahead with Aryan who all this while kept looking at Naina minutely. I exited office and noticed Niall sitting on a bench situated right across the building. He wore a red checked shirt over a white tee and paired them with a pair of tight black jeans. He wore a pair of ankle length white keds for a change. He sat by leaning in and placed his elbows on the knees as his fingers were entwined together.

“Hi,” I smiled brushing my fingers through his soft blonde hair.

“Hello,” he kept his hands on my waist and stood up. The shades complimented his looks greatly.

“When did you come?” I asked wiping away something from his lips.

“Fifteen minutes before,” he licked his lips.

“Always early,” I smiled and shook my head.

“Hello,” Niall moved closer to Aryan as they shared a hug. I smiled profusely.

“You never came to my house,” Aryan complained once they pulled away.

“Never say never,” Niall laughed making Aryan too.

“So fix a date.”

“How about next week?”

“Sounds fine.”

“Cool, do I have your number?” Niall saw through the contacts in his phone as Aryan laughed.

“How will he know if you’ve his number or not, Niall?” I asked.

“Just asking, lady,” he made his eyes big and resumed, “I’ll take it from her.”

“Okay, have fun, bye,” Aryan patted on Niall’s forearm as we exchanged smiles before parting ways.