Chapter 52

It turned out that leaving Paradise at 1.30Am wasn't a wise decision. Although there wasn't much traffic as our cabentered Central Calcutta, the huge distance cost us much and we reached theairport at 2.20 Am.

Niall and I got down the vehicle veryhastily and after my fiancé paid the fare to the driver, the latter helped usto load the trolleys with our luggage. No sooner did he hop on his cab than we rushed towards the entrance. A woman stood at the juncture of theentrance. Niall showed her our tickets and passports as she let us go in.

People kept staring at us for two reasonsnow – first, I was with Niall and pregnant and second, I was pregnant and wewere almost running because we got late.

We noticed one scanning machine wherepassengers passed their luggage and we speed-walked up to it and gave ourluggage from the trolleys to a man who was helping to slide the luggage throughthe machine. Although it took hardly 10 minutes for the machine to check ouritems and for another man, standing at the other side of the machine to pastestickers on our luggage, we felt that it was 10 hours.

We almost galloped our ways to AirIndia's counter to weigh our luggage and obtain our boarding passes.

"Hello," the guy at the counter smiled atus.

"Air India to Manchester," Niall gasped andhanded him our tickets. Another man beside us commenced to slide our suitcasesand travel bags down the passing machine, so that they could be collected to beput inside the cargo.

"You mean to Doha?" he smirked, correctingmy fiancé.

"Yeah, whatever," Niall shrugged.

"You're lucky, it just started boarding,"his tone changed into seriousness.

"Ohh....thank God," I sighed.

The guy took a few more minutes to checkour booking details before handing us our boarding passes and tags that wereneeded to be tied on our handbags, which we would take inside the plane with us– Niall's guitar case and laptop bag and my handbag, in our case.

"Thank you," Niall smiled, and nodded.

We turned on our heels, feeling freewithout the heavy trolleys. We rounded the area where all the counters ofdifferent airline's company were located. On going to our left, we parted ourways because ladies and gents had different checking stations.

"Be safe, alright?" Niall patted on myright cheek.

"Niall, it's just checking," I smiled,closing my eyes briefly to feel his warm touch on my skin.

"Whatever, just be safe," he kissed myforehead and turned around to enter the checking station.

I laughed, shaking my head and entered thefemale checking station as well. Passengers from other flights had alsothronged the stations, so I had to inform the security guards that includedboth men and women, to prioritize me as our flight had already startedboarding.

I placed my handbag on yet another scanningmachine and walked inside the private checking vestibule. Before entering thevestibule I caught Niall fetching out his laptop from his bag and putting it alongwith its charger on a tray. The process appeared so time consuming that I nowpanicked, terribly.

"Hi, ma'am," a woman security guard widelysmiled at me.

"Hello," I smiled back, quite impressed ather hospitality. No, I'm lying – her smile was really pretty.

"Are you sure you're safe to fly?" sheasked while rubbing a portable scanner around my body. I stood with my handsstretched out.

"Yes, absolutely. Anyway, I have to."