Chapter 31

The night Niall told me about Samantha, I was beyond crushed. The pain was so intense that I didn't know how to feel. Numbness and nothingness were just understatements. All I could feel was detest — an extreme detest towards my life. It had been so unfair to me even though I've been very good to it. For no good reason it snatched my lovely family from me, and then as I thought I found them back through Niall, he revealed to me another bitter truth. On the way to the airport, I kept thinking about the time I tried to cope without Niall after I left him, learning that he'll return to Manchester after the graduation results. I figured not just how difficult it'll be all over again, but feared the rise of yet another "Aarav twist." However when I listened to Zayn's words, every possible thought faded away. I realized that no matter how hard I try, and what I do, life will be like this — mean to me hence; I should rather stick to what I've now. At least, I know that whatever comes out of it, I can handle it, and adapt to it rather than discovering a new outlet, and getting heartbroken all over again. I felt that it was better to be heartbroken by Niall than someone else.

The trip turned out to be a breath of fresh air — an escape from all the turmoil. After that kiss Niall and I shared, I felt a token of grudge that I held against him fall off of my heart. I looked into his eyes, and realized that this is Niall Horan, the guy I love, and would always love. But I still needed time, a lot of it.

We enjoyed the trip to our hearts' content. Shopping, visiting the local tourist spots, and catching the beautiful sunrise at Tiger Hills on dawn for which Niall hired a cab from Dorje, and Dawa. The long drive to Tiger Hills was mesmerizing — a huge rush of emotions. I sat by his side on the front seat, sinking in the rare moment while he flashed me his ever-sweet smile. We didn't talk much, but knew that both of us were enjoying the feeling with every ounce of our body. And I liked it that way.

I didn't forget about Samantha completely, in fact I didn't forget about it at all. But, my love for Niall just got a notch stronger than the cheated feeling, and as much as it hurt my self-esteem, somewhere inside my heart I felt happy, and more relaxed. It was big step towards loosening up, and letting things to go.

We were returning back to Calcutta tomorrow. As promised to Dorje, we decided to enjoy her home made dinner once before leaving. After all, the woman did cook awesome.

"What do you have to offer us for dinner, Dorje?' Niall asked, playfully.

She laughed before replying, "Thukpaa."

"What?" his eyes widened. I can only imagine his mind trying to pronounce the word.

"You'll love it, Sir," she continued to laugh.

"Okay, I'm excited then."

"I'll send the room service in another fifteen minutes."

"Ahhmm.....no room service. We wanna eat with you, and Dawa, here, at the lounge," I pointed at their beautiful lounge, and the sofas, and couch it contained.

She showed her white set of teeth before nodding an "okay" at us.

As she left for the kitchen, Niall and I sat on one of the couch- the quietness of the outside seeped through our souls. Niall sat close to me, and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"It's such a great place," he said.

"Yeah," I nodded, smiling a little.

"I'm glad we had this trip," he turned to look directly look in my eyes.

I held our gaze for a few seconds, and nodded, "Me too."

I wanted to tell him so many things at that point — scream at him, slap him, push him away, just something reckless, and yet feel all the love I've for him. It knew it was stupid, and weird, but I didn't seem to fight the emotions.