Chapter 25

I fetched the letter that Niall gave to me from the drawer. I crawled up on the bed, and stretched my legs before unfolding the piece of paper, and reading it. The lines made me laugh while my mind was still drowned in a sea of thoughts. It has been three days since I saw someone named “Samantha” in Niall’s call list. Not that I was a clingy girlfriend who would get crazy at a girl calling  up her boyfriend, but the fact that he lied to cover up being called 10 times by her, worried me immensely. I didn’t want to doubt his feelings for me, it was too big a thought, but I couldn’t help being anxious and nosy.

My eyes moved over the line where Niall suggested me to read the letter whenever I doubt his feelings for me. I knew I trust him, and I knew he wouldn’t do anything to hurt me, but what if I get backstabbed?

I shook my head, brushing aside all the skepticism. I kissed the letter, and climbed down the bed to put it back inside the drawer.

Niall was off at Aryan’s place to finally have their FIFA game session with Aryan’s cousins. I was going to leave for Airport in a few minutes to see Rita off who was traveling to Bangalore with her brother. I changed into a pair of stripped blue jeans, and red tee before combing my hair, and taking my bag. On walking outside into the sitting area, I took a glimpse of the wall-clock, and found out that it was 8.10 Pm. I hurriedly rushed out of the apartment, grabbing my mobile and home-keys from the kitchen counter. Kumar flashed me a broad smile, peeking from the newspaper that he held before him. Fortunately, I found a cab right away, and boarded it before instructing him to take me to airport.

As the cab-driver took twists and turn through the alleys, escaping the busy streets I pondered upon Samantha. I didn’t want to go crazy, and I understood that my mind would explode if I think once again, but I was helpless. I had no one else in my life other than Niall. He was the sole reason of my existence, and the sole reason of my happiness. All that I’ve been putting up with for over a year was only for him. I couldn’t imagine a life without him.

Maybe it was just office pressure that he didn’t want to involve me. Maybe she is just a part of his past that he is trying to deal with.

“Arrrgghhhh, stop it!” I closed my ears, blocking them from taking in any unwanted thoughts.

I reached airport sharp at 9.30 Pm, fighting the crazy traffic jam of Calcutta. Paying the fare, I galloped my way through an enormous crowd. Rita told me to wait near the entrance however I didn’t see a sign of her at the juncture of the entrance. Just when I was about to dial her number, I spotted her walking towards me with a cup of coffee in her hand, and her brother.

“Heyyyyyy,” we said to each other, and hugged tightly.

“You look awesome,” Rita ran her eyes all over me, and smiled.

“Thank you, so do you,” I smiled back.

“I knew you would get late hene, I took my boarding pass from before.”

“I’m sorry, was stuck up in office-work.”

“Where’s Niall?” she looked around me.

I rolled my eyes before retorting, “He has gone to Aryan’s place to play FIFA with him and his cousins.”

“That’s great. He is gelling with your friends.”

“That he is,” I nodded. “Anyway, where are you gonna live in Bangalore?”

“I’ll stay as a paying guest until I find a place to rent,” she took a sip from her coffee.

“Nice, is the office close to where you’ll stay as a paying guest?”