Chapter 15

I ransacked inside my handbag trying to find the purse. The queue moved faster than normal and I still didn’t find the purse.

“Damn Head, why can’t I find stuff when I need them?” I grumbled.

“Why don’t you get a monthly metro card?” a female voice advised me from the back.

I turned to glance at her. She was a middle-aged lady with an extremely fair complexion. Her dark eyes that were sheltered under black and bold glasses were glistening brightly. I smiled and nodded.

“Do you travel everyday by metro?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I nodded.

“Then you should get the card. It saves a lot of money,” she smiled nodding her head.

Too much nodding…..

“Okay, I’ll get it. Thank you, ma’am,” I smiled and nodded too.

I found the purse at the nick of time as I sighed loudly.

“One Park Street,” I slid the money through the little opening before the ticket counter to the cashier.

I heard a loud noise of the metro entering the platform. I threw my handbag on the scanner and gushed out the ticket punching machine before grabbing my bag. I ran for my life up the escalator and pushed through the crowd to board the rake as the automatic doors closed. I panted keeping a hand on my chest and sat finding an empty seat.

My wrist watch showed the time to be 8.15 Pm when I exited Park Street metro station. I whisked my hair and looked around for Niall. I remembered he told that he would wait before Chemrol Art Gallery. I commenced to walk grabbing too many unwanted attention. The 4-inches long heels of my shoes clicked against the road. After for walking ten more minutes, I finally reached Chemrol Art Gallery. And sure I found him standing right there looking ravishing. He inaugurated a pair of black tight pants and paired them with his favorite white tee. He slipped a jeans’ sleeveless jacket over the tee as a pair of Nike white boots shone brightly.

“Hello,” I smiled walking up to him.

“Hi,” he smirked holding my hands. His eyes scanned me lustfully from top to bottom.

“What?” I bit my lower lip suppressing a grin as his blue eyes met my hazel.

“You look torturously sexy.”

“Torturously?” I laughed throwing my head back. He winked.

Niall and I were heading to Trincas for a night-out. I never went to a pub or bar before because I’ve always been under age and by the time I became adult I lost my family and friends eventually. I haven’t tasted alcohol other than whiskey and rum as well so Niall was hell-bent in introducing me to all these. I never had any prejudice hence; I was actually quite excited.

On our way to Trincas, we walked like a perfect couple with our hands clung together tightly. Niall cracked jokes into my ear most of which were impressions and snide comments regarding the people on the streets. He had some strange liking for passing comments on others. I wish I could listen to some made on him at his back.

“Have you ever visited this place before?” Niall asked as we went across to Trincas.

“Nope,” I shook my head.

“Glad to hear that,” he smirked.

“You’re sadistic sometimes, you know?”

“Whatever you say, darling,” he shrugged opening the door of the restaurant for me.