Chapter 7

[A.N: Sorrryyyyy sorrryyyy sorrryyyy sorryyyyy for being late. I was hell busy.... But here it is....... Hope u love it]        

I wasn't able to do it.

I don’t know why but the thought of indulging in such a twisted drama maybe was the reason. I was already dealing with an enormous problem of being miles away from Niall. This was out of my league. I was exhausted and helpless.

However, every time I saw the letter by Aarav, I became frozen. I retraced back the warnings he gave me and realized that he has meant every single thing. There wasn't really any way to escape him. He was getting close to me and I was all alone in the middle of the ocean. I knew it was hard, harder than described but I had to stand up for myself, Niall and our future. After all we've been through and are still going through, no Aarav or anyone could possibly ruin it.

I reached office at sharp 10.30 Am. On entering, Naina showed me a sweet smile. Her dark hair fell over her face. She was talking on the phone. I passed her and straight away walked to my table. On taking my seat, I quickly turned on the computer and commenced to work. A pile of files were kept on my table. I went through all of them and figured out what I was supposed to do.

“Hey” someone called me out after a long time passed.

I lifted my head up to see the person, breaking my concentration in the process. It was Olivia.

“Hi,” I smiled.

“It’s lunch time.”

I looked at my wrist watch to perceive that I was too engrossed in my work to get any hint of the time.

“Let’s go,” she urged by patting on my back. I nodded.

Putting my pen down, I left my chair. I grabbed my bag and retorted, “C’mom,” to Olivia.

We walked out of our work-space to take the stairs and finally reach cafeteria. Buzzing sounds of hungry people filled the place.

“One chicken roll and lassi,” Olivia informed Tushar and the other guy before asking me, “What will you have?”

[Lassi is a curd shake made by mixing sugar.]

“Hmm….I think I’ll have a vegetable meal. What do you have in it?” I asked.

“Rice, dal, potato fries, vegetable curry and chutni,” the other guy whose apron read ‘Aveek Kundu’ replied.

“No dessert?” I was shocked.

“Sorry, ma’am. You've to order that separately.”

“Thank you, give me one vegetable meal only,” I nodded.

It didn't take more than twenty minutes for our foods to arrive. We grabbed the plates and occupied a table at the center diagonally to the washroom.

“Big fan of dessert, huh?” Olivia inquired taking a big bite from the roll.

“Aren't you?” I smiled.

“Yeah…..but vegetable meals don’t really have any dessert, honey,” she laughed throwing her head back.

I laughed back.

“Are you still angry at me?” she asked out of the blue.

I squinted my eyes and looked at her before shaking my head.

“Good, I’m sorry anyway,” she said.

“Why would I be anyway?” I wandered.

“I shouldn't have talked like that about your boyfriend. I had no right,” she hung her head in shame.