Chapter 28

I was devastated. The night was the most painful and longest night of my life. I didn't get any sleep whatsoever. All I could think of was Niall lying naked beside another woman, their sweaty bodies touching each other, his hands rubbing against her skin, his lips on her lips, and her body, their hands entwined together, and their passionate eyes locked with one another.

It was so deeply heartbreaking that I couldn't shove the image off of my mind. I winkled my nose, and fought back tears every time the images came before my eyes. I had become accustomed now of being on the receiving side of fate's fatal blows, but getting cheated by Niall was far more excruciating than anything describable in the whole wide world.

I woke up at the break of dawn. As much as I detested having to live in a one-bathroom apartment I had to enter the bedroom to use it. The wall clock informed that it was 4.30 Am. No sooner did I enter than I caught Niall sitting uptight in bed, bare-bodied in just his blue shorts. I didn't meet eyes with him, I didn't want to, but the vision reached my eyes, and I closed them briefly, breathing in and entering the wash room.

I took the longest time at the bathroom, brushing my teeth, and then taking a shower. No matter how relaxing the water should've felt on my body, it was actually choking. I couldn't stop the endless tears from pouring down, and accepting that I'm actually leaving, leaving the city as well as Niall, forever. There wasn't any sign of our reconciliation, and Niall and I was going to crumble in awhile.

I changed into my jeans, and top before looking through my packed stuff. Everything was set, and done. Niall now wore his white vest along with the shorts. He stood at one corner of the bedroom, hands crossed before his chest, and eyes cast down. I knew I'd break down big time if I take any further glimpse of him hence; I chose to not look at him. But as I walked to the sitting area, his voice ceased me from behind.

"Lily?" I knew he was crying. I didn't turn around, just stopped.

"Don't do this, please," he sniffed. "Tell me what can I do? I'll do whatever you want me to do, but don't go."

I stayed silent.

"I know you feel like a shit right now," his words were so apt that I couldn't stop but cry. "But give me one chance, and I promise I'll make it all right."

I cried, shaking my head before retorting, "You can't. You can't mend this time, Niall. You've ruined it real bad."

I heard his footsteps closing up to me before he stood in front of me. His face was drenched with tears, and it broke my heart.

"We belong to each other, baby. Remember?" he held my hands, placing them on his chest that was beating like a speeding train. "Remember that dream of mine? Us as 80-year-olds? It keeps coming back to me. And I can't tell you how happy that makes me, Lily. You're the one...." his voice broke. "You're the one for me."

I cried even more. "You can't say that to me now when it didn't cross your mind when you were fucking your co-worker."

He bowed his head down at my selection of words. "Yeah, makes you feel like shit, huh? Guess what, you're right I feel like a shit right now. I feel like I have always been nothing but a girl you just have slept with. Even though I felt that that was just a fear or insecurity I had, I know now that it wasn't. You only.....you only used me, used me real bad," I continued.

He shook his head, crying audibly before kneeling down and wrapping his arms around my legs. "I didn't use you, Lily. I can swear on my life, I didn't," he said. "I fell for you right from the beginning. None of what I've ever said to you or felt for you is false, trust me."

"Trust is the most unsuitable word on your mouth," I replied, and broke his touch from me. "I've to leave before I die over here."

I pulled away from him, and grabbed my suitcase, laptop bag, and mobile before unlocking the door, and getting out. Niall's weeping noises reached my ears, and I cried too, increasing the speed of my walk. Thankfully, Kumar wasn't there hence; I quickly rushed out of "Paradise Apartments", hitting the road.