Chapter 39

Mated
By EyefulAiry

Chapter 39

"Great War of Humans and Vampires: The War of Survival"

[ Memories 4 ]

I can smell her.

She's a thousand meter away, I assume that.... yet I can still smell her, even if it's just a faint smell.

It just all started one night, I woke up suddenly able to smell a so natural smell, like it was a soft smell that I can almost feel it—like I am touching it and it was right here next to me., I just starts to smell her. That feeling is so uneasy, nakakairita sa pakiramdam, because everytime I were able to smell her, I feel like longing for her---and that's crazy!

Yet so soothing, and so calming, it's making me crazy--yes but at the same time it makes me complete

That is just a smell yet I can know that it was 'her' a 'her'.

"Alaric!" I quickly glanced at the door, and there I saw my old man.
"Time to go." he said as he gestured me to go out of the room.

I nod and followed him outside, following  him up until we got to the throne hall. Before entering he tap my shoulder and looks at me.

"This is your era, take it, no matter what. Rule no matter what." he said as he keeps on tapping me until I decided to remove his hand as I start to notice na nakukusot na ang damit ko.

"I got it." Maikli at bagot na sagot ko.

"Alaric, please take it seriously." tila kinakabahan niyang ani ng marinig niya ang tono ko. Such a paranoid.

"Am I not serious enough?" I asked with a well serious face, the same face I always wear.

He weaved a sigh and then walks out.
Tch. What a weirdo, trying to act like a father--well he is, but not after he killed mom. Tch.

I walked inside the hall letting the guards open the big damn door to let me in, as soon as I stepped inside all eyes were on me, looking and watching each steps I make. Specially the eyes of the other vampires who's in here as well. As they both know that the eyes of the council has already set on me, I am their favorite, as they say that I have the stance, and everything for the expectations. I've pass their expectations, their standards.

Pumuwesto ako sa kung saang silya ang nakalaan sa akin. At doon ako umupo ng kumportable. At ng makumpleto na nila ang bampira sa listahan nila ay walang paligoy-ligoy na sinimulan na nila ang kung ano man itong ka-shit-an na 'to.

I just behaved myself there, listening to what they're discussing. Well base on what you can see, you may say that I somehow doesn't like the idea of me being a candidate to be the next king. That is somehow a nuisance discussion that cause for me to have responsibilities that I don't intend to do so. They just forced myself up to this as my dad and ancestors used to rule and they missed that chance after the previous king won the throne.

I don't think much about this. I'm not able to see myself sitting on their fancy throne made of some curse human bodies. As soon as the meeting ended I quickly got up and make my way out.

"You sure despite being with others, don't you Alaric?" I don't need to look to figure him out. His whispers on his mind is enough for me to identify who he is.

"I despite the fact that you have all the guts to talk to me with your mind talking shit." I replied that made him froze.

They still don't know about all the abilities and powers that I have, they don't know that I can do hear them. Even when their mouths are shut.