Chapter 32 - Freedom Unites with Different Races

            Today is my first day living in the palace. Sure I’ve been in here quite a few times and they gave me a tour, but now it’s my actual house. I get to live here. Rolla gave me her old room and my mom took Rolla’s sister Jasmine’s old room. I’m pretty sure our new rooms are the size of our old house. I finished unpacking my boxes when Rolla ran into the room.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

She was breathing hard holding in her stomach, “The Tigmas have all gathered in the quad. I think they’ve made their decision. The governor is speaking for all of them.”

“Let’s go,” I told her.

            We walked out of the palace meeting the gaze of every Tigma in Murera. Carter walked up to me and held my hand while Rolla and Pilote stepped on the stage. Carter and I walked around where Brittany and Mike were. Rolla and Pilote stood next to the governor who was at the microphone.

The governor started his speech he clearly prepared, “We are gathered here today to explain our views of this situation. Everybody took the time to read the books the King and Queen provided us with and we had a town meeting to discuss the majority views of this. After seeing the lovely statue and reading the book we are aware that many of our families fought in the war 200 years ago. It has been brave of so many of you to sign up to help the cause already. King and Queen, I now address only the two of you. You have protected us to the best of your ability although many of us don’t agree on the method, but none the less you are our King and Queen. We would like to see what else is out there but we cannot do that until we have gained our freedom. Therefore, we stand with you.”

The governor bowed to Rolla and Pilote. They took the microphone next. I could see how happy Rolla is that they’ve decided to stand with us. Rolla took the microphone in her hands smiling, “I am so happy you stand with us. I promise you that we will get our freedom back and every single of you will be able to explore every world that exists if you choose to. To celebrate this colossal decision I have an announcement about those of you who have signed up to join the fight like your ancestors: the chief of the army is none other than Lily Allen Carter.”

What?! I looked over at Carter as he smiled at me. Did you know about this?

Lily you are the black tiger; you are the key to this war. It only makes sense that you’re the chief of the army.

“Lily,” Rolla said, “Would you like to address the people?”

I slowly made my way on stage as Rolla handed me the microphone, “Thank you. I can assure you that you are as surprised as I am. I know I have what it takes to be the chief of this army. I am more determined than anybody else to fight anybody who gets in the way of our freedom. I will be meeting and talking to everybody who signed up soon so I can figure out a plan.”

I stepped back and handed the microphone back to Rolla, but she passed it to Pilote.

“Thank you everybody,” he said. “I know how confusing and terrifying this must be for everybody, but we were once just like you. For the first sixteen years of our life we had no idea Murera existed. Rolla spent those years thinking there was nobody else out there like her. We know what it’s like to be lost and not know what is out there in the world. We have fought our enemies once and won when we had absolutely no allies behind us. You see, Rolla and I had a plan if we could not convince you. There is another race called the Silthra. Two hundred years ago we made an alliance with them during the war. They have been our allies since this day, and we have formed a bond unlike any of the other races. We asked them to arrive here today.”