Chapter 22 - In Memory of Seth

Chapter 22 - In Memory Of Seth

“Aunt Felicity, this is Rolla and Pilote Mason. They’re King and Queen.”

Felicity’s eyes widened and she quickly bowed to them, “It is an honor to meet both of you. We do our research up here about our home.”

Rolla smiled, “Please no bowing, we’re just people like you. Thank you. I know how terrible it must be to read about some of the things Pilote and I did.”

Dennis shook his head, “You’ve only protected our people and for that we are thankful.”

“We’re glad you feel that way,” Pilote replied.

“How can we help you?” Felicity asked.

“Carter and Lily have told me that your maiden name is Timex, is that correct?” Rolla asked.

Felicity nodded, “That’s true yes.”

Tears rolled down Rolla’s cheeks and she had to stop and lean against Pilote for support. I cannot even imagine how hard this is for them. Pilote put his arm around her and kept talking for her.

“Your ancestor, Seth Timex, was an important friend to us. He was family. We don’t know how much you know about the war, but Seth was a chosen one. Seth became the mastermind behind the war. He was brilliant, a genius. We owe the war to him. In fact, there’s a large monument that hangs in Murera with the names of everyone who gave up their lives during that war. Rolla and I keep it clean in honor of people like Seth.”

Rolla composed herself enough to join in, “Seth was our best friend and he meant a lot to us. When Lily told us your maiden name we could not believe it. We knew you had to be related to him, and you are. We wanted to meet his family, his ancestors.”

            At this point everybody in the room had tears in their eyes. Felicity walked over to Rolla and pulled her into a hug. Rolla lost it even more. Dennis hugged Pilote and brought us all into the living room. Felicity excused herself to the library to get a few books to show Rolla and Pilote. Felicity came back in the room a few minutes later and held the book out to Rolla.

“We did know Seth is family and we knew he died in the war, but we were not aware of the rest of it. You see, our other ancestors kept journals about what was happening in Murera and in the world before they moved up here to the human world. We are sorry for your friend but we are happy he did so much for our people.”

“He did,” Rolla smiled, “he did all the planning with me. He did all the computer stuff and all the details behind the plan. He taught me some of what he knew too. Seth was a genius in every sense. During the war, he stayed in hiding to put a force field around certain chosen ones.”

“Wait, he was in hiding?” Dennis asked.

Rolla nodded, “He was.”

“Why did some people have to have a force field?”

“Because certain people were imperative to winning the war,” Rolla answered, “If certain people died then the war never would have been won. Seth figured that out and stayed in hiding to put a force field around those of us that needed it. He felt bad that he couldn’t protect everyone, but he knew it was the right thing.”

“Seth is a hero,” Pilote said, “and when you go to live in Murera you will not be able to see this monument we spoke of, but someday you will. Someday you will see it and be proud.”

Rolla took a few pictures out of her pocket, “We thought you might want to see what he looked like. The first picture is a picture of the monument and the second is his name on the monument. The rest are random pictures of us. I’m surprised we had time to take pictures, but we did. The chosen ones were close because we had to be. We became family and for a short while we even went to school with each other. Those are the few pictures we have of Seth.”

Felicity and Dennis both smiled while passing each other the pictures. It must be a surreal moment for Felicity and Dennis. They spent years doing research trying to figure out what happened and suddenly the King and Queen show up on their door step. It must be weird knowing they were alive hundreds of years ago yet they’re still standing here today. That will be Carter and I in a few years.

I don’t think they know.

Carter? You didn’t tell them?

They know parts of it. They don’t know that we kissed in the palace and stopped aging.

Do they know about the magic?

Uh… no.

I thought you’ve been talking to them.

I have. I told them about what Murera is like and I told them what they can and can’t talk about, but I may have left a few things out.

When should we tell them?

I think we should tell them now. It’s better to hear it from both of us anyway. They won’t tell anyone.

            I looked over at Rolla who I suspect was listening to our conversation and sure enough, she nodded at me. Do we tell them? Once again Rolla answered my question with a nod. Now? Another nod. I looked at Carter and waited for him to continue.

“Aunt Felicity, Uncle Dennis, there are a few things I left out about Murera.”

“What is it?” Felicity asked.

“Let me explain everything first before you respond. Lily and are not just soul mates; we are the Samoulte. We have special powers the average Tigma will never have and we can use magic. When we first met Rolla and Pilote they told us about a spell that was activated a long time ago by this witch. Lily and I activated this spell on each other that night when we kissed in the palace. This spell that we activated… we can’t die.”

“What?!”

“Lily and I can’t die. We are like Rolla and Pilote. I know you figured out we were the Samoulte a long time ago, but now it’s official. We made it official.”

“So it was true?” Felicity asked.

Carter and I both nodded.

“Oh my God.”

“A lot of things are going to happen now,” Pilote interrupted, “but you cannot let on that you know this information. We need to keep all of this a secret until we can figure out how we want to go about it. We need Lily to get our freedom back, for good, but it has to be on her terms. We need to handle this carefully otherwise chaos will erupt.”

“We understand,” Felicity and Dennis both nodded.

Rolla smiled, “Great because we need all the help we can get. We’ll release the spell on you and your husband as long as you promise not to let on that you can see the palace and as long as you promise to help us.”

Dennis nodded, “It would be our honor to help you the way our ancestor Seth helped you two hundred years ago.”

“Thank you,” Rolla and Pilote both smiled.

“We will do it for Seth,” Felicity added, “because he is an inspiration to everybody in the Timex family. He gave up his life to help his people and now that is our duty too.”

“In memory of Seth,” Rolla smiled and put her head and Pilote’s shoulder.