Chapter 2 - Daily Dream Goes On

Book 1: Through a Tiger's Eyes

Book 2: Through the Eyes of a Secret Tigma

Chapter 2 – Daily Dream Goes On

“Are you sure they’re not going to find us here?” I whispered to Brittany.

“I’m sure,” she said, “When’s the last time you saw anyone back here?”

“Never, but it’s also against the rules.”

“Exactly so no one will figure to check back here. Everyone else follows the rules.”

“Okay okay,” I gave in, “What do we search for first?”

“Let’s start researching dreams.”

“But I’ve done that before. It gets me nowhere.”

“What was that last word you remember from the dream? The one that the middle aged man said after he shot you?”

“He said ‘goodbye Tigma’.”

“Did you ever think to check that?”

“No. Why didn’t I?! I should have known! As soon as I said that word yesterday, your mom’s face went completely pale. It must have to do with the word Tigma.”

“Let’s look for something.”

“Yeah let’s go.”

            The back of the library is what they called “the restricted section” because it was off limits to everybody. Not even the librarian or certain members of the government could read the books in this section. Brittany and I could get into serious trouble if we get caught. Considering we’re under 18, it can’t be that bad, but I don’t want to see the look on my mom’s face if she finds out I’ve been back here. We searched for a few hours through every book we had time to look through and not one book mentioned the word Tigma.

Brittany and I sunk down against the wall out of sight.

“How is it not here?” Brittany asked, “It’s like the word doesn’t exist. How is that possible?”

“Do you really think I’m psychic?” I asked her, avoiding her questions, “What if that’s why we can’t find the word Tigma anywhere?”

“This is crazy,” Brittany said, “How is it possible? I even searched for psychics and it still doesn’t seem possible.”

“What’s happening to me?” I looked over at her, “Why is this happening?”

“We’re all destined for greater things,” she said, “Maybe you’re destined for something even greater than this world.”

“You think so?”

She smiled, “I’d like to think you’re destined for greater things than here.”

“What do you think is out there?” I asked her, “Do you think Murera is all there is? What if there are other worlds? Other places to travel to and other worlds to be in? Would you go?”

“Would you?”

“In a heartbeat.”

After a long pause I added, “We should probably go now. Our moms were expecting us home already.”

“You leave first,” she said, “I’ll follow.”

“Okay.”

            I snuck through the gate of the restricted section and walked back to the normal part of the library. The librarian was on the computer and no one else was in the library. I quietly left and walked down the stairs outside. I got to the bottom step and my bag fell off my shoulder as someone bumped into me.