Chapter 18 - Group of Secrets

“It’s weird,” I told Carter, “These new feelings.”

“It is,” he agreed. “I’ve never felt like this before.”

“I haven’t either. I feel like my feelings for you have tripled. They tripled in a matter of seconds and I never wanted that moment to end. I wanted to be alone with you forever. I would have been happy there.”

“Me too,” he smiled at me. “It was incredible.”

“It was,” I smiled back. “Fireworks were going off in my head while we kissed and I can’t even describe how it felt when you were touching me.”

He put his hand on my cheek, “Like that?”

“Exactly like that,” I whispered. “I never want it to end. I felt like I couldn’t control my feelings at all. They were exploding out of control.”

“I know what you mean. We have to figure out how to control it before anybody notices.”

“We do,” I nodded, “But not tonight.”

“Why?”

“Because all I can think about is kissing you again,” I admitted. It was true. I couldn’t think about anything else. That’s all that’s been in my head since we left the palace. Is this how it’s going to feel every time we’re together from now on? I don’t think I can control it.

            His lips slammed back onto mine and he picked me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist and he sat me on the bed. We couldn’t go any further because my mom was still in the house, but I wanted to. I wanted to so bad and so did he. It’s a miracle we didn’t go further. We laid on my bed kissing and cuddling for over an hour. I never wanted it to end and I prayed my mom wouldn’t walk in and see us. Finally, we got the will power to stop long enough to find a pillow and blanket for him to sleep with. I left a note for mom telling her I left to take Carter home. We ran up the balcony and Carter settled into the first room we saw.

“Are you sure about this?” I asked him.

He nodded, “I’m positive. I’ll be fine.”

“Okay,” I smiled. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“I’ll meet you at your house. Good night.”

“Goodnight,” I replied, kissing him quickly.

“I love you,” he whispered as we pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

I whispered back, “I love you too. Night.”

“Night.”

            I knew I had to leave, but once again, I didn’t want to. While I still had enough will power I ran back home and let Carter get some sleep. Although, who were we kidding, neither one of us was going to sleep well tonight. We have too much on our minds. I snuck myself into his thoughts while I tried to sleep and I could feel him in mine. We talked a while longer before I knew he had fallen asleep. Then I did the same.

            I woke up the next morning and rushed to get ready so I could visit Brittany. I ran over to her house while she got ready.

“This is new,” she said as I walked into her bedroom, “Usually I’m the one ready first.”

I bit my lip, “Something happened last night.”

“Like what? What could have possibly happened after we left?”

“Well… we went into the palace.”

“What?!”

“And…. Met Rolla and her soul mate Pilote.”