Chapter 37 - Other Races Appear

“You turn into a tiger?” Brittany asked, “Like a real tiger?”

I nodded, “A lot larger than a real tiger though.”

“And you can’t control it at all?”

“Not really,” I shook my head, “It happens when I’m scared, angry, or feel threatened.”

“Sorry I scared you.”

“It’s not your fault. Has word made it around about Topanga, Sam, and Kalinda?”

She nodded, “Everybody knows now but people are surprised by everything that was held back in those books.”

“I think they mostly kept the most secretive things out of the book. They wanted Murera to know about their history but there are some things that are too personal to reveal. I mean revealing every little thing that happened would mean Rolla revealing every single part of her life. I couldn’t handle telling every detail of my life to the world.”

“Yeah I see what you mean.”

“It was also for Topanga and Sam. They don’t usually spend a lot of time in Murera because they like traveling the world. They don’t seem to like the attention.”

            We stood up from the table and threw our plates away leaving the cafeteria. After getting our books we got into class a few minutes early and continued our conversation from the cafeteria.

“Are you scared?” Brittany asked, “Not about the transformation thing but about being such an important part of the fight?”

I nodded, “It’s a lot of responsibility to hold, but Carter helps me.”

“I heard my name,” Carter walked in sitting next to us.

“Where were you?” I asked him.

“Talking to Mike. What are you two talking about?”

“I’m still explaining the whole black tiger war thing.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Did anybody finish the homework by the way?” I asked. “I’m missing the last one.”

Brittany handed me her worksheet, “Go for it.”

“Thank you, I had the hardest time figuring it out.”

“No problem, he said he’s giving us another assignment today. On the bright side he said there’s less than five assignments left until we graduate.”

“I’m so excited to be finished,” I said, “My mom wants to throw a party for all of us.”

“Pilote mentioned something too,” Carter said, “I think him and Rolla are planning a party at the palace.”

“Really?” I asked.

He nodded, “Apparently they have a ballroom in the palace they used to use for parties.”

“My mom’s only been bothering me about after graduation,” Brittany said, “and what I’m going to do with my life.”

“What do you tell her?”

She shrugged, “How can I plan my life when the king and queen are announcing a huge war coming?”

“True,” I admitted.

“I don’t think anybody can make any decisions like that with everything that’s happening. When the war is over everything will change. Who knows what I could be doing after that.”