Chapter 7 - The Dream, He's Living It. He's a Soul Mate

Book 1: Through A Tiger's Eye
Book 2: Through The Eyes of a Secret Tigma

Chapter 7 – The Dream, He’s living it. He’s a Soul Mate.

            His eyes closed and he fell silent. What’s wrong with me? Part of me wanted to cry but I barely knew him. I felt an ache in my chest I’ve never felt before. Brittany. I have to go to Brittany. This seemed way too familiar. I grabbed my phone and locked the doors behind me and ran as fast as I could to the library. She wasn’t anywhere in sight so I snuck back to the restricted section. She was in the corner with a pile of books next to her.

“What’s wrong?” she asked when she saw it was only me.

“I need you to come with me.”

I think she saw the panic in my face because she didn’t ask for an explanation. I helped her put the books back and we ran to my house. Brittany gasped as she walked in.

“What happened to him?” she asked.

I stood next to him, “He doesn’t have a pulse.”

“We have to do something with him!”

“He told me not to! He said even if he doesn’t have a pulse, don’t move him. He says he’ll wake up.”

“Wake up? Lily he’s dead!”

“Listen to what I’m telling you!” I yelled at her, “He said he’ll wake up after dying! Think about it!”

Her face went pale and her hands started shaking, “The dream.”

I nodded, “He’s living it.”

She sat down on my chair and put her hand on my head, “This is actually happening. Oh my God.”

Tears came streaming down my face, “I’ve never seen anyone die before Brittany.”

“Don’t cry.”

            Brittany stood up and hugged me. I hugged back and she let me cry. After I was done crying we went to the living room and watched TV.

“It’ll be okay,” Brittany tried to comfort me.

“Can we talk about something else?” I asked her, “I don’t want to talk about that right now.”

“Okay,” she smirked a little, “Mike asked about you today.”

“Oh God,” I threw a pillow at her and we both laughed.

“He did!” she said, “I think he seriously likes you.”

“Mike’s not serious about anyone. He’s the only guy here like that.”

“Isn’t that weird?” Brittany asked.

“Kinda,” I shrugged.

“Okay if you had to be with anyone in school who would it be?”

“Anyone?” I asked.

“Anyone.”

“The president of the 12th grade class is pretty cute.”

“Ooh,” she smiled, “Good choice. I’d choose him too.”

We both laughed. “Who do you think you’re going to end up with?” I asked her.

“I hope it’s someone from the other side of town.”

“The rich side?”

She laughed, “Perfect! Your turn.”