Chapter 43 - Humans in Murera

Once Carter and I started visiting what we called the human world regularly I invited Sasha down to visit Murera. We started texting regularly and we have more in common than I expected considering I’m not even human. I finished my assignments for another class and took the rest of the day off so I could meet Sasha at the palace. Luckily I only have to finish work for one class before I graduate. Carter decided to work on his school work all day so he would finish his classes at the same time I did. Rolla stood outside the palace with Sasha when I got there.

“This your friend?” Rolla asked.

I nodded, “I tried to make it here before she did but I had a few assignments to finish.”

Rolla smiled, “Security brought me out here when they said someone was trying to get in. I really need to get someone else to handle security detail. The Queen shouldn’t come out here for this. Maybe we need a new security system.”

I laughed, “Ro a simple camera and password activated security might do the trick. That way we can buzz in or type in a password whenever a friend or someone we’re expecting is here.”

“True, I’ll get on it.”

“Just concentrate on your queen duties for now,” I told her, “You have a lot on your plate.”

She hugged me, “Thanks Lil. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

She went back into the palace and I greeted Sasha.

“So your best friend is the queen and you live in a fancy palace.”

I nod, “Kind of. The Queen is family and she invited my mom and me to live here when the secret came out to the Tigmas. Shall I show you around town or the palace first?”

“I’m a little more curious about this huge golden palace.”

“I thought so,” I laughed, “Come on in.”

            The security nodded at me and allowed me in. I showed Sasha only the main rooms before ending at my bedroom. Rolla took out her white tiger decorations and specially made me black tiger decorations instead. This family… or this race… is seriously into symbolism.

“What’s with the tiger?” she asked pointing to the large black tiger picture next to the portrait of me.

“Oh, that. That’s not just a tiger: that’s me.”

“Really?”

I nodded, “They call me the secret weapon which I’ve mentioned to you before. Rolla thought it would be cool to put portraits like that in my room to represent the two sides to me.”

“Can I ask you a question I haven’t asked yet?”

“Sure, what?”

“What are the other races like? Are you close with them?”

I shook my head, “Not really. I’m probably closest to the Fauhl race ironically. I worked closely with them during the war. Rolla and Pilote usually took the other races. Only Rolla seemed to talk to the Silthra and Rolla and Pilote took turns with the others. They’re all nice and Rolla’s family is linked to the Silthra through her sister so she’s closest to them I’m sure. They’re just people though and they’re all unique. I understand it’s a different way of thinking than you’re used to, but I wouldn’t change it for anything.”

She smiled, “You love it here.”

I nodded, “I love it more than anything. Everybody is so different from each other and we each have our own unique abilities that differ from each other. Now that’s there a whole other world out there there’s even more to explore and learn about. When I graduate I plan on exploring it. I’ve done my part to bring the races together so I think it’s only fair that when I graduate I take that freedom and see what else is out there.”