Chapter 3 - Blocked Address

Chapter 3 – Blocked Address

Brittany put her hands on my shoulders, “Lily, look at me. This is happening for a reason. Something is going on in our world. Something not natural and we’re going to figure out what it is.”

“We are?”

“We are,” she confirmed, “I think I know why you had that dream.”

“Well?” I asked, “Share!”

“Okay,” she replied, “I think you had the dream because you gave up.”

“I gave up?”

“Yeah, a few weeks ago you gave up. You decided to listen to our parents and ignore it. Move on. Whether God or whoever created us is controlling these dreams or not, He didn’t want you to forget about it so he gave you another piece of the puzzle. Another part of the dream. Now we just have to figure out what it all means.”

“I can’t do this,” I told her, “I’m not strong like you are. I can’t handle things like this. I was just meant to be a boring person who grows up and has a boring job and barely makes enough to pay the bills. I can’t handle all these secrets and sneaking around especially when it comes to breaking the law!”

“We’re not breaking the law.”

“Brittany we just did a few weeks ago! We went into the restricted section in the library!”

“Okay, but what if we have to? You were meant to do this Lily not me.”

“That’s not true.”

“It is!” she yelled at a whisper, “If I was meant for it, I would be having the dreams and I would be able to see that palace! But I can’t! I’m just helping you. That’s all.”

“What if I can’t handle what God or whoever wants me to handle? What if he made a mistake?”

“He never makes mistakes. Everything happens for a reason.”

“Then how do we get more research? How do we figure all of this out?”

“I want to do more research on dreams,” she said.

“Okay so let’s each pick a topic to research about and then we’ll get together in two days to combine our research.”

“If I search dreams, what are you going to search?”

“I want to search for that song. It sounds familiar, but I can’t figure out how. I’ll do research on that and anonymous emailing.”

“And I’ll do dreams and death. There has to be a reason that Rolla didn’t die when she got shot.”

“Let’s meet in two days.”

“In the library.”

I stood up and climbed back out the window, “See ya then!”

“Bring your journal!” she called from her window, “And write down everything you remember about the dream.”

“I will!”

            I snuck back in my house and laid on my sheets. I looked up at the ceiling, then out the window, and back to the ceiling. I couldn’t go back to sleep. After an hour I got back up out of bed and went to my desk. I lit a couple candles instead of using my desk light so I wouldn’t wake my parents. I took my diary off the bookshelf and started writing in it with my favorite pen.

Dear Diary,

I feel like I’m losing my mind even though Brittany’s positive I’m more sane than anyone else here. Are there other worlds than this? Does something really lie beyond these stone walls that keep us in? Magic’s in the air and I can feel things changing.