Chapter 27 - The History of The Tigmas

Chapter 27 - The History of the Tigmas

Rolla decided we needed full, scheduled history lessons once our double lives settled down. Pilote took Carter to one place and Rolla took me to another and we had separate lessons. When I finally felt like I knew everything Rolla threw in another turn to the story. The city’s cat wandered into the palace, shocking me, and jumped on Rolla’s lap. Rolla didn’t seem surprised though as she started petting the cat gently.

“How can that cat get in here?” I asked Rolla.

Rolla smiled, “This cat has a long, long history in this world. I don’t know how she’s still alive.”

“What do you mean?”

“This cat is as old as I am.”

“What?! This cat is 200 years old?!”

Rolla nodded.

“How is that even possible? This is just the town’s cat. She wanders around and everybody knows she doesn’t belong to anyone.”

“She’s mine,” Rolla smiled.

“I’m confused.”

Rolla laughed, “Lesson 56: Snow the Tigman Cat. When the chosen ones went up to a public school in the human world Snow followed us home. I felt like I was drawn to her right away.”

“So you brought her down here?”

“She followed us all the way to the door of the room of rulers so I picked her up and brought her down here. All the chosen ones loved her and they bought everything to make this her room. Her room is in my old room in the chosen ones’ house.”

“Can she die?”

“I have no idea,” Rolla shook her head. “Pilote and I were suspicious after a while and we spent years researching cats but never found anything. We eventually gave up. I hated giving up but I’m happy Snow’s here. My parents thought she knew things but I could never completely figure it out. Maybe we’ll never figure it out.”

“She’s a beautiful cat,” I smiled, “I see her walking around town a lot. I think your parents are right though now that I’m thinking about it.”

“What do you mean?” Rolla asked.

“There have been a few times when Snow seems to know things before they happen. A group of guys were biking one day when a little boy ran out in front of them, but before anybody else could react Snow jumped and pushed the little boy out of the way. Nobody said or seemed to notice anything. I guess I’ve always noticed details like that. I wouldn’t have thought it was weird if you hadn’t said anything though.”

“My parents had a journal and before they died my mom told me Snow knew about the black tiger prophecy before any of us. She also said that Snow seemed to know something bad was happening during the war. She said it seemed like Snow was freaking out and demanded attention; like she needed them to know something. I tried looking into it but there’s no answer that I can find.”

“That’s weird,” I replied, “Maybe the answers will fall into place when they’re meant to.”

Rolla smiled, “That’s what Pilote and I eventually told ourselves.”

“Rolla?”

“Yeah?” she asked.

I smiled, “Lesson 57: Fighting Back. When did you know you wanted to fight back and start the war?”

“I knew immediately.”

“You did?” 

She nodded, “At16 years old I realized my family were spies that hated me. I was robbed of my family. At that moment I knew I wanted to fight back because I wanted a family. My entire life I was stuck in my house hiding my abilities from the world and I didn’t want to feel that anymore. I wanted freedom and I wanted my family and I was going to have that no matter what.”

Concealment - Tiger's Eye Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें