Chapter 45 - Rebels

Chapter 45 - Rebels

            After a long night of partying in the palace after graduation the next day was reserved for relaxing. Carter and I stayed in my room only leaving to get food or drinks from the kitchen. We watched movies or messed around on our computers for most of the day. Considering our wedding is approaching and we just graduated it seemed like a perfect day to do nothing. We will not be able to do this much longer. However, I started getting this weird feeling in my stomach that I couldn’t quite place. The feeling got stronger and stronger as the day went on, but I didn’t want to say anything. Suddenly I heard a scream and my head shot up. I know that voice. I know that scream. I jumped off the bed and ran after the screaming. A man stood over somebody. He turned around in shock when he saw me.

“NO!” I screamed running to find my mom on the ground. He stabbed her. “Who are you?!” I screamed at him but he was already running out the door. I turned around to check on mom but it was too late.

“I love you,” she whispered before turning to dust.

            I didn’t have time to think. I’m in danger. My mom’s dead. The King and Queen are in danger. I could feel Carter approaching ready to put his arm around me but it was too late. As I screamed in horror my black tiger transformed and I raced after the killer. I chased after him in the quad as he raced back to the human world. Before leaving Murera I reached him and threw him back down in the quad. This disturbance got everybody’s attention. Many people still hadn’t seen this side of me before. I stood over the man and growled at him. He looked scared but I didn’t care. My black tiger side only thought about the knife in his hand and my dead mom.

“Lily, stop!” I heard Rolla yelling and looked up.

She pushed me back and stood between me and the killer. I growled hoping she would get out of my way but she didn’t. How can she defend him?! Why would she want to stop me?! He killed my mom! She’s dead! We’re supposed to be peaceful with the humans. How dare they come after us again! I’m going to kill them all!

“NO!” Rolla screamed, “Listen to me! I am your Queen! You cannot kill him!”

Why not?!

“Lily, Carter told me what happened. He saw it too. I promise you that your mom’s killer will get what he deserves. He will go to jail and he will never come out but you cannot kill him. You will never be able to live with yourself if you kill him. Listen to me, if you let your black tiger side win then war will erupt all over again. He is one rebel! Just one! Don’t sacrifice our freedom for him!”

            Her demands calmed my black tiger side down and I transformed back into my other form. My anger did not leave but added onto it were the emotions my black tiger side pushed away. Rolla ordered the man to be arrested and thrown in jail. She wanted his face and this attacked and murder to be posted everywhere in our world and the human world. She would not let it happen again. I couldn’t hold it in anymore as I listened to Rolla giving instructions on what to do next. I broke down into tears and fell onto my knees. My mom used to be the only person that I had. When my dad died we only had each other and for years it was just me and her. Now she’s gone but I need her. I need my mom. I rested my face in my hands and I could not stop the crying. Rolla stopped what she was doing and bent down to comfort me but before she could say anything Carter was there. He forced me to stand up and he hugged me as tightly as he could.

Nobody in all of Murera said anything. The police escorted the killer to jail and Rolla tried her best to calm me down with Carter while Pilote went to the police station to make sure the killer is charged for murder of my mom and attempted murder of the King and Queen. Rolla suspects that if he was in the palace he snuck in and was probably after her and Pilote. It was an attempted assassination that ended with a murder instead. The Tigmas stopped and stared. I could see Brittany, Mike, and Sasha fighting their way to the front only to see me breaking down in Carter’s arms. The other police officers kept everybody back at a safe distance and Rolla addressed the people to keep their worries down.