Chapter 47 - Wedding Approaching

Desperately needing to talk to Rolla I walked into her office knowing she was working on paperwork involving our alliances. I sat myself down in one of the chairs in front of her desk.

"What's up?" she asked.

I took a deep breath before beginning, "I came to a realization after my mom's funeral."

"What kind?"

"It's good... I think. You see, Carter and I always thought about traveling. I mean my whole life I thought Murera was the only world out there and now there are all these other worlds and races out there and I wanted to explore them. I realize now that I can't do that."

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Rolla we should have known that war comes with sacrifices. We got out of this war too easy. Is it even allowed to be called a war with the amount of people we lost? We barely lost any compared to a lot of other wars and revolutions. We paid the price when my mom died. We may have an unbreakable alliance but there will always be rebels rattling the cages and that is why I am the black tiger. I wasn't meant to win the war for you I was meant to keep the peace and I was meant to protect our people. Obviously because my black tiger powers still exist it wasn't temporary."

"You think it's a permanent job."

"It is," I said. "It is a permanent job. My destiny is to stay in Murera and keep the peace. My destiny is to always protect our people from the rebels who will try to destroy us. I will always be the secret weapon."

"You can still travel."

"I know," I smiled, "Carter and I agreed we can travel for our honeymoon and we can go on vacations when we want to and when we feel we are safe enough. Rolla, Queen, my destiny is to protect you and our people. You may be family but that is still my job. I was meant to be by your side."

She smiled, "Honestly I never thought of that conclusion. I guess I was so concentrated on winning the war that I became blind to some of the other things. Are you sure about this?"

I nodded, "I'm positive."

"You are far beyond anything I ever imagined."

"I am?" I asked.

She nodded, "Can I show you something?"

"Yeah?"

She walked over to the bookshelf taking a book from the top shelf and handing it to me, "Read it for me. Take it somewhere and just read through it. When I read that I figured you'd be this strong, fierce woman who would protect us and save the world. Don't get me wrong you still are that person but you are so much more than that. I am proud to know you. Our relationship is complicated to figure out but for now how about we settle with sister because that's how I feel. You're like a little sister."

I laughed, "Sister works for me too."

"Good," she smiled, "Take your time reading it."

            I took the book to my room and started glancing through it. The title of the book is labeled the black tiger. I turned to the first page and it was a picture of me. I still had my blonde wig on... I'm not sure why all these prophecies and book about me imagined me with that wig. You'd think they would have included my real hair. I started reading at the first chapter then decided to go through the table of contents and find a chapter that seemed interesting to me. One that caught my attention was titled: Black Tiger and Her Soul Mate. I turned to that page and started reading.

            The black tiger is fascinating in herself but the connection with her soul mate makes them both two people to be reckoned with. Together they can do the impossible; together they are unbeatable. They will never fail at anything they try to accomplish. They possess the qualities needed to balance each other and bring out the best in each other.