Chapter 25 - House Warming Catastrophe

            I’ve never seen Felicity or Dennis so excited and neither has Carter. We built them a secret room connected to their in the house so they could still keep their things from the human world. We snuck them into the room of rulers, into the meeting place, and down the stairs into the chosen ones’ house quickly.

“What is this?” Felicity asked.

“The chosen ones’ house,” I answered.

            We went into the bedroom and finally into the passageways leading to our house. “If you ever want to go to the human world, the palace, or the chosen ones’ house you will have to use these passageways. Nobody else can know any of this exists.”

“We can handle it,” Dennis told him.

“I just don’t want to mess this up,” Carter said.

“We won’t,” Felicity said, “We have everything you said to us memorized.”

“Good,” Carter smiled.

            We traveled through the passageways and into the house where we gave them the official tour of the house. I walked to my house while I let them get settled in. I went inside where mom was finishing some baking.

“Muffins done?” I asked her.

She smiled, “They should be cooled enough now. How are they doing?”

“They’re…. surprised,” I smiled, “But incredibly excited. I figured I would come here to help you carry some things over there while they get settled in.”

“I’ll get my purse upstairs so how about you pack up these muffins?” she asked, “The appetizers should be in the refrigerator I made those an hour ago.”

“Okay,” I replied as she went upstairs.

            I packed up the muffins and took the appetizers out of the refrigerator. Mom walked down the stairs with her purse a minute later while I put the food into a bag to take over to Carter’s house. She locked the door behind us as we started our walk to Carter’s house.

“They’re really nice,” I told her.

“Why don’t you tell me about them while we walk?” she suggested.

I smiled, “Well… they’re names are Felicity and Dennis and they’re writers. They’ve practically raised Carter so he’s pretty close to them.”

“How did they end up so wealthy while being writers?”

“Uh… I don’t know actually. I haven’t really read their books and neither has Carter. I think they’re into writing nonfiction type stuff. I assume they’ll be experimenting in different genres now that they’re living at the other side of town.”

Mom nodded in understanding. Thank God she believed that because I had no idea what to say. I’ll have to let Carter know about this when I get there so he can warn his parents. We’re going to be in big trouble if we can’t explain how his aunt and uncle became as wealthy as they are. We came up with an entire cover story except we managed to forget an actual explanation to how or why they became writers. We also have no books to account for and a lot of human genres are off limits here in Murera. Maybe we didn’t think of everything.

I walked into Carter’s house calling his name instead of knocking. I pointed mom to the kitchen where she could take out the food and went to find Carter. He was in his aunt and uncle’s room talking to them. I closed the door behind me.