Chapter 33 - Training Session Number One

            Everybody we talked to the day before showed up to the training session. Rolla and Pilote were surprised to say the least but they went along with it. I suspected they would. They separated the groups into what kind of training they thought they would be best at and Rolla took one group while Pilote took the other. Rolla instructed everybody in our group to look around at the equipment to familiarize them with it and try them out. I went to the mats first to try some of the tumbling skills I worked on last time. Brittany came over to join me after five minutes of us practicing.

“I’m jealous,” she said, “You’re so good already.”

I rolled my eyes, “I’ve had one training session I wouldn’t go that far.”

“Do you see everybody else in here? We have no idea what to do.”

“That’s why Rolla’s going to get a few videos right now. I think she plans on playing some of them in this room so you guys can watch it so you know what to do.”

“You seem like a different person now.”

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

She shrugged, “Even when we were researching your dreams you were still a teenager and you acted like one too. Now that the secret’s out and they announced you as the chief of the army you’re not that same person.”

“Did you really expect me to be? I’m almost 17 years old now and I’m in charge of an entire army in order to get them prepared for war. I didn’t lie when I told you I’ve changed since meeting Carter. Carter and I do have to plan our lives around each other and our lives are about this war. I couldn’t keep acting like a teenager any longer because I wouldn’t be able to handle all this. I had to mature a little faster.”

She nodded, “I understand that now. Teach me?”

I smiled, “Sure I’ll teach you the basics.”

            Luckily Brittany was a fast learner so after I taught her a few things we were able to work at a pace where I could learn more too. Rolla brought the tapes and played them around the room. However, after an hour or two she told everybody to go home and gave them a piece of paper on their way out. The paper had a schedule on it of times when they could go to the gyms and athletic centers to train. That left Rolla and I to train which I was excited about. Don’t get me wrong I like working out with my best friend but she’s still a beginner. I enjoy learning from Rolla because she’s an expert at it by now.

“I think we need to work in a different environment today,” she smiled.

“What’s that smile for?” I asked suspiciously.

“Come on, it’ll be fun.”

            She took me out of the training center and jumped on the nearest building. After pulling me up with her she explained what we were doing. Apparently jumping off buildings and onto other buildings is good practice.

“Are you crazy?!” I asked her.

She shrugged, “We can’t die and because we’re Tigmas we always land on our feet no matter how high we are.”

“Really?”

She nodded, “Follow my lead.”

            She walked back a few steps before going full speed at the edge of the building. When she reached the end she jumped, throwing herself into the air, and landing on the next building.

“Whoa.”

“Come on!” she called to me.

            Okay, I can do this. We’re only jumping off buildings. Apparently we always land on our feet anyway. I took a few steps back, even more than Rolla, but that’s probably because of my nerves and ran for the end of the building. I heard Rolla yell jump so I jumped into the air landing with my feet two feet from Rolla’s. I stood up straight and looked behind me.