Chapter 19 - First Tigma Spell

            The tricky part about doing the spell we needed to do was the fact that we needed to do it where his house was going to go. Rolla gave us directions and told us where to do it but we could only do it at night when nobody would see us. We snuck out of my mom’s house that night, leaving her a note that I was walking him home again, and walked to one of the boundary walls only a few blocks from my house. We sat in front of where his house will be. We sat across from each other with the piece of paper between us. He took my hands and we repeated the words on the paper. Light slowly appeared from our hands and shined bright our third time through the spell. The wall came alive next to us. We glanced over at it at the same. We said it once more all the way through and the windows and doorways appeared, completing his house. It was remarkable watching it. The magic made a house appear into the side of the wall in only five short minutes. Carter turned the paper over to the other side.

“Are you ready for the memory spell?”

I took a breath before nodding.

            The same process continued. We said it a few times through and slowly light came from our interlocked hands. This time, the light didn’t stop coming. It got brighter and bright until I was sure we had woken up all of Murera. Nobody moved though. I guess it was working. A dome of light covered the entire town before going dim like a light switch just got turned off. We did it. Our first two spells using our magic and it worked. We succeeded.

“Of course we did,” he smiled.

I smiled widely at him, “That was remarkable. I’ve never seen anything like that.”

“I didn’t think it would be that easy. I watched Rolla and Pilote do it, but I figured it was easy for them because they’ve been doing it for so long.”

“Now you just have to sort things out at home and everything will be perfect.”

“Walk me to the balcony?” he asked.

Of course I nodded.

            I walked him to the balcony and hugged him one last time. “I’ll be back tomorrow,” he reminded me, “and we can work out the other details while we go shopping.”

“It’s going to be amazing. I can’t wait to have you here all the time. I can quiz you on everything Murera.”

He chuckled, “I can’t wait.”

“I should get home,” I said.

“Me too,” he kissed me quickly. “Goodnight.”

“Night,” I smiled.

“So he’s really moving here?” Mom asked me when I returned home.

I walked to the kitchen to get food as I answered, “Yes he is.”

“Because of you?”

I smiled, “Maybe.”

“You two are cute,” she smiled.

“Thanks. What did you make for dinner?”

“Tupperware on the top shelf.”

I pulled it out of the refrigerator, “Thank you.”

I popped it in the microwave and turned to face her, “You have something else to ask don’t you?”

She nodded, “Have you two talked seriously about your relationship?”

I shrugged, “Not really.”

Why should I? We have plenty of time now that we’re never going to age and never going to die, but of course I cannot say anything to her about it. I know she wants to see me married.