Chapter 1 - Nightly Nightmares

Book 1: Through a Tiger's Eyes

Book 2: Through the Eyes of a Secret Tigma

Note: Here it is! I've been working on this story like crazy and I love it more than anything. So please vote and comment if you're reading and enjoying the story! <3

Chapter 1 – Nightly Nightmares

"BOOM"

            I looked up from where I was standing and saw a man in his mid-30s holding a gun. The loud sound caused a ringing in my ears I didn’t think was ever going to go away. I slowly lowered my head and saw blood rushing out of my chest. I couldn’t feel a thing at first. Is this what everyone called adrenaline? I never imagined death to feel like this.

The man was laughing repeating one line over and over as my world turned to darkness, "Goodbye, Tigma".

The pain started coming to me as the man just stood there and looked at me. It was an excruciating pain that just got worse by the second. I didn’t understand anything about this. I was supposed to be home in my bed sleeping. I shouldn’t have snuck out of the house because maybe this wouldn’t have happened. I gripped my chest trying to stop the bleeding, but it was no use because I already lost too much blood. I’m dying. My eyes slowly started to close and all I saw was that same man standing over me smiling and whispering the same line over and over again. I heard it playing through my head.

“Goodbye Tigma.”

“AHH!”

I sat up screaming from my bed; the nightmare again. It comes a few times a week. It always ends up the same. I always die. The scenery in the dream is nothing I’ve ever seen before. The last few years every time I’ve had a dream I’ve written down every detail I can remember. Now there’s nothing new about the dream. It never changes. I don’t recognize the world it takes place in. It’s different from this one which is one thing I don’t understand. No other worlds exist.

“Lily! It’s time for school!” My mom yelled from downstairs.

I started telling mom about the dreams when I was younger, but she’s never answered me. I grew tired of the weird look on her face every time she found out I had the dream again. I learned to keep it a secret from her because it would only cause trouble if I kept telling her. Next thing I know she’s sending me to therapy to sort out my feelings.

I got up from my bed and quickly got in the shower. I got dressed and was ready by eight o’clock. I ran down the stairs with my bag. My mom passed me an apple as I ran out the door. I’m late for school again. Of course I am, I’m always late. I got a lot of stares as I walked into class. Nobody is ever late. Sometimes I think something is wrong with me.

“Late again Lily?” the teacher asked.

“Sorry,” I apologized and sat down in my seat.

“Someone please tell Lily what we were just talking about.”

“I will!” My friend Brittany raised her hand.

“Go ahead,” the teacher pointed to her.

“We were just talking about what a great city Murera is. We were talking about the structure and architecture on the buildings.”

“Good,” the teacher said, “Let’s continue.”

            Class dragged on and I left right after my last class. Brittany and I walked downtown together after. School was on the other side of the town and Brittany and I always had to walk a couple miles home because both of our parents were working. We didn’t mind it though because it gave us more time to hang out with each other.