Chapter 39 - The War is Here

            The weapons and supplies were passed out to everybody and I gave out specific instructions for them to keep them close and on them at all times. Rolla hired security people to stay in the palace on their computer monitoring the cameras located outside the room of rulers upstairs in the chosen ones’ house. Apparently Seth and the other chosen ones set up the security cameras hundreds of years ago and although Rolla made sure they still worked they’ve never needed them until now. So our new security stayed on detail keeping an eye out for the humans to come. They had complete access to the city alarm and were required to activate the alarm when they saw the humans. While we waited the army went home and the rest of us stayed in the palace. I tried to sleep a while but my brain was too filled with thoughts of the war so I walked out to see if anybody else could sleep. I found Pilote in the living room.

“Can’t sleep?” I asked him.

He shook his head, “You either?”

I shook my head too, “Why can’t you sleep?”

He sighed, “I’m surprised Rolla’s even sleeping. She can’t handle stress well sometimes. I think she feels more secure now than the last war, mostly because of you. I don’t think she’s worried this time.”

“And you are?” I asked.

“I’m not worried that we’ll lose because I don’t think we will, but although it seems like I have everything together I don’t always have everything together.”

“What do you mean?”

“We haven’t talked much since we left, but my parents were the King and Queen’s best friends.”

“Really?”

He nodded, “Rolla’s parents were thrilled when they found out we were soul mates and so was my family. The training and exercise centers were their house.”

“Why’d you turn it into the exercise centers then?” I asked.

He shrugged, “It wasn’t home like the chosen ones’ house was. Rolla and I knew we needed more exercise equipment and military equipment if we wanted to win the next war so we needed more space. Instead of creating it we thought of adding onto the military base that was already there. It made sense to use my parents’ house. I agreed pretty easily. If she had suggested the chosen ones’ house I would have refused.”

“You and Rolla seem really attached to the chosen ones’ house.”

“We are,” he nodded, “because that was our first real home. That’s where we all became a family, her, me, and the chosen ones. Caprika and Odyss sent a message to Rolla in her dreams telling her it was important to be a family and that’s exactly what we became. We spent as much time together as we possibly could. We were closer to each other than our own family at times.”

“Are you worried that it’ll be ruined?”

“A little,” he admitted, “but no because it can always be fixed and returned to its previous state. I’m worried about what’ll happen to us when we get our freedom.”

“Why?”

“Everything will change. Tigmas will go up there to explore or live and humans and other races will come down here out of curiosity to see it. Rolla’s parents had a great idea before with the Murera Station.”

“Then you can reactivate the Murera Station and make it a thing again.”

“Yeah I guess, but being the King in a secret world was so much easier. Rolla and I just made sure they were safe from the real world and you always did the rest to take care of yourselves. I’m not sure I know how to be a King in a peace filled world like we might see soon.”