From the Beginning

Ilvermorny. The amazing wizarding school in America. That's where I'm from...well actually I'm from California, but I learned magic at Ilvermorny.

I'm a No-Maj-born and it was weird with magical abilities in such a popular place like California. Once I was old enough I was accepted into Ilvermorny. Beautiful it was. It was a large castle hidden in Mount Greylock in Massachusetts. I was never the biggest fan of new things, but I was excited for this. I deeply interested in the wizarding world, especially the creatures. I was excited to learn more about the wizarding world that I didn't even know I was apart of. Yeah, I wasn't the one to "fit in", but maybe me being a witch is the reason why.  Ilvermorny seemed beautiful and comforting. But the sorting ceremony is what scared me the most.

What none of the houses want me? What do I do then? I hate this nervous gut feeling...

"(Y/N) (L/N)!" The scrawny Headmistress shouted. I was finally called out to get sorted.

I tried to act causal as I walked to the Gordian Knot but I felt my heart pounding out of my chest and I swear I felt my stomach do a cartwheel. I finally approached the Knot and stood in the middle, looking at the gorgeous house statues. As I waited, I thought, 'So I just wait here?' Patience is key...but I only waited for 20 more seconds before I saw something glow, a few things move, and then I heard a loud roar. Looking around I noticed that all of the houses wanted me. 'I must be one of a kind.' I smirked, debating which house I should choose...I saw older students peering over their seats above, and a few other first years with their jaws dropped. I continued to think...

'Hmmm...the Pukwudgie favors healers and represents the heart...the Thunderbird favors adventurers and represents the soul...the Wampus favors warriors and represents the body...and the Horned Serpent favors scholars and represents the mind...'

I started to tap my foot and I felt everyone's eyes burning through my skin. I finally decided...

"Thunderbird." I said with confidence. There were so many people cheering me on. I felt so...included? I didn't really enjoy being center if attention that much, but it's still nice to feed my ego.

~~~

Over your years at Ilvermorny you became one of the best No-Maj-born there. Your wand chose you and it had a Thunderbird Feather core. You were practically perfect in Charms, and had a strong passion for Magical Creatures, as well as Astronomy. You were pretty well-known. You were known for your academics, as well as your leadership and your quidditch reputation as a seeker. After casting your first Patronus in your 3rd year, it was an Occamy, you wanted to take a leap into a different path.

Even though Hogwarts wasn't a school with a transferring program, you were chosen to be the first to transfer there.

~~~

You stayed at the Leaky Cauldron for a week, preparing yourself for Hogwarts. Some people gave you looks as you wandered around the place, but nothing else really happened. Your days there was boring, until it was finally the day.

Your stomach was doing all sorts of backflips, front flips, cartwheels, and so on. You were both nervous and excited when you finally arrived at Kings Cross Station. 'Okay. Sooo Platform 9¾...' Of course you knew there was no actual Platform 9¾, and you had to get there by magic but...how? You've noticed a couple other people walking around between the Platforms 9 and 10. Then, you noticed a girl with fiery red hair helping a brunette boy that seemed to be much younger than the girl. You noticed how she helped the boy, pointing her hand to a barrier between the platforms 9 and 10. The boy grqbbed his trolly and started to run towards it. You winced, afraid to see the boy crash into the wall, but, he didn't. The barrier was some sort of portal. 'You had to run through a barrier? Interesting...' you still didn't know how exactly, so you looked back at the redhead who was preparing to leave herself.