Holiday Plans

(Y/N)'s pov

Time flies faster than it should.

It was finally December. The past two weeks of November have been all about quidditch and studying. The Sundays with Regulus hasn't changed, and we haven't done much outside since the weather was getting colder by the minute.

It was Saturday night when Professor McGonagall made the announcement about the holiday break for the end of the month. I was sitting with the Marauders during dinner and we had just sat down when Professor McGonagall stood upfront. For some reason, Professor Dumbledore wasn't with the rest of the professors, but I didn't think much of it. He was a busy wizard.

"Good morning, students," the professor said in her stern voice. "As you all know, the holiday break is coming up soon and if you're staying at Hogwarts for this holiday break, please come to my office and tell me beforehand. You'll have until Monday. Now, enjoy your meal." Professor McGonagall sat back down with the other professors when the food appeared on the tables.

I couldn't stop thinking about the holiday break and how boring it'll be. I'm staying at Hogwarts this holiday break because I knew I wouldn't be able to get to California with my family in time. My parents aren't comfortable with me using wizarding teleportation from a place so far away no matter who I'm with. Apparently, the Marauders are all going to James's house for the break and the Viragos are returning home with their own families. Regulus said he wish he could stay, but his parents wants him home. I was in for two lonesome weeks.

"What about you (y/n)?" James asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I was too busy picking at my food and contemplating what I should do for the break instead of listening to the Marauders' conversation.

"Sorry, what?"

"What are your plans for the holiday break?" James clarified his question.

"Are you going back to America?" Remus questioned before he filled his mouth with peas.

"Unfortunately, no," I huffed. "I'm staying here for the break."

"What?! All alone?!" Sirius exclaimed, dramatically.

"Well, you guys aren't going to be here and the Viragos are leaving, too. I don't know who else is staying, but I probably don't know them. So yeah, I'll be all alone, but it's fine."

"No, it's not fine," Sirius sighed. "You shouldn't be here by yourself."

"There's nowhere else to go," I huffed.

"Or is there..." James said, slyly. The quidditch geek became mischievous and looked at Sirius. Sirius had the same energy as James and they both smirked at each other. It was like they could read each other's mind.
"You can come to my house!"

"What? No. Your parents already have to handle you four, I don't want to add to that," I shook my head. I was being truthful with my words even though I did want to go to the Potter's for the holidays, but James and Sirius alone are chaotic and uncontrollable.

"Mum won't mind, and Dad wouldn't mind either. Besides, Mum and Dad needs to meet you, (y/n). They can't live their life not knowing you." James started to sound sincere as he tried to convince me.

"Yeah, and every year they have a huge Christmas party with so many families! Mum invites everyone she knows!" Sirius exclaimed, swinging his arm around James.

I caught onto the fact that Sirius called James's mom "mum", but it gave me a hint about James's mom's personality. She must be very acceptable and understanding. Perhaps she was the mother that Sirius has always wanted.