Astronomy Tower

(Y/N)'s pov

It was now 11:36 p.m. I could hardly sleep. My mind was wide awake, and my body felt active.

'I think tonight is a good night to sneak out for the first time at Hogwarts. But where to?...Great Hall? Boring...Quidditch field? Maybe next time...hmm...Astronomy Tower! Yes! I'll have to look out for Filch though.'

I slowly took off my blanket, and slowly moved each of my legs out of my bed. There were small creaks but they weren't loud enough to wake anyone up. I put on my robe, and slipped on some socks and a pair of converse. I grabbed a scarf just in case it would be cold.

'First time sneaking out at Hogwarts. Destination: Astronomy Tower."

I left my dorm and quietly shut the door. I tip-toed down the stairs and checked if anyone was there.

'All clear.'

A song came up in my head. The type of songs that would be in spy movies. That just motivated me. I walked around the common room for a bit, there was a warm fire that was the only thing that lit up the room.

"Okay..." I whispered to myself, "Let's go."

*At the Astronomy Tower*

'Phew.'

I was unnoticed. No sign of Filch or Mrs Norris. I was walking up the steps of the Astronomy Tower, making sure that no one could hear me. As I was walking, I noticed something. Someone else was there at the tower. I wasn't alone. I was holding onto the railing, slowly walked up the stairs, trying to make out who was there. Then, out of all the times in the world, I slipped. Just a little. But I let out a small 'yelp' that blew my cover.

'Busted!' I thought, the person became alert.

"Hello? Who's there?" The familiar voice asked. I didn't say anything, the tone of the person's voice change into a more unamused way, "Just respond. I know I'm not alone."

I walked up the stairs.

"Regulus?" I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"Out of all people in the world, you're here?"

"So nice to see you too." I sassed.

"What are you doing here?"

"Funny, I was going to ask the same thing. What are you doing here?"

"I asked first."

"Yeah, well I'm a lady."

"Why does that matter?"

"Don't you know your manners? Ladies first."

Regulus sighed, "I always come here. I like to come here to write."

"Write about what?"

"I answered your first question, now you answer mine."

"Fine. I couldn't sleep, I thought tonight would be a good night to sneak out." Regulus nodded, "You know, you never answered all of my questions."

"That's because you have so many. You're so curious, I'm surprised you're not a Ravenclaw."

"I was almost sorted into Ravenclaw. But according to the sorting hat I wanted to be seen as 'something else'." I mentioned, but Regulus just looked with no emotion. "Listen...please just answer the question I asked before...in the morning. "

"I- I don't remember what you were talking about." He stuttered.

"Then I'll remind you. We were walking to Hagrid's hut. You wanted to talk to him about magical creatures, I wanted to introduce myself to him. As we were walking, we were also talking. I asked you a specific question. Do you remember the question?"

~~~

Regulus's pov

'Of course I remember the question! It made me rethink a lot of things.'

"No." I shrugged. (Y/n) inhaled through her nose and let it out a large breath from her mouth.

"Are you a blood puritist or not?" She asked.

'I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.'

"No."

"No?"

"No. I-I-I mean, I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I mean..." I gave out a deep sigh, "you won't understand."

"Oh yeah? Try me." (Y/n) sat down on the floor. I stared at her for a bit. As always, I was debating with myself. I gave out another sigh and sat across from here. She gave out a small smile signaling me to continue.

"I don't know. I'm unsure about many things. It all started when Sirius was sorted into Gryffindor...everything changed. He was always different. Always stood up for himself...and me...but everyone started to turn on him. Or...he turned on us. He became everyone's top priority but now that he's known as the 'blood traitor' in our family. He's a disgrace to everyone. I feel like I have to live up to his expectations. Be the kid..." I stopped for a moment.

'What am I saying? I don't know this girl. I don't if she's against me or not. Or if this is a big joke.'

"Nevermind, it's too much." I shook my head.

"No. It's not. I understand."

"No...no you don't. You're just trying to make me feel like 'I'm not alone'."

"You're not alone. I can't relate, obviously, but I can understand." I looked at her, she gave me a soft sort of look. She cleared her throat. "You feel as if all of the expectations that Sirius was holding had fallen onto you. You have to do this, be that, be the best at this, etcetera, etcetera. That pressure is making you debate about who you really are. One side of you wants to be yourself, a life without expectations and rules. But the other side is scared to break from those things. You're scared about what will happen to you if you're not what your family wants you to be. You're afraid of being unacceptable. You don't know if you're a blood puritist or not because of those two sides are constantly fighting. Those two sides can be overwhelming and you still don't know which side you're on. The things that are holding you back from being who you really are is your family. You're witnessing how they treat Sirius, but Sirius can handle the discrimination. You would do the same, but you're not Sirius. You wouldn't be able to handle it. So you fight with yourself and your two different sides, thinking that if you do end up like Sirius...you're scared you'll be even more of a disgrace since you had more expectations." There was a small silence, "Am I right or am I right?"

'She was right...every single detail was right. How? She took my lifelong thoughts and said it in one paragraph.'

"I- uh- um...how?" I managed to spit out.

"I'm guessing I'm right." She smirked.

"You are. Everything was right. How do you know?"

"I don't know. I can only understand." She shrugged. "I don't know how to help you, Regulus. But I do know that I'm a great person to talk to." She kept on giving me a soft look but with the classic Gryffindor smirk. If that makes sense. "You and Sirius used to be close, huh?" She stood up, brushing herself off.

"Uh...yeah...sort of."

"We can talk about it some other time."

"Some other time?"

"Yeah, if you don't talk to someone about your feelings, you'll explode." She laughed. My lips moved a bit, like a microscopic smile. "Good night, Regulus."

"Go- night, (y/n)." She started to walk away but then turned around.

"Oh, Regulus?"

"Yes?"

"If you're really struggling between those two sides, make a pros and cons list. Trust me, I do that whenever I'm indecisive."

"I can try." I responded, that wasn't a bad idea. She gave me a small smile and then left. She really wasn't that bad...she never was.