Christmas Party of 1975

Regulus's pov

I awoke the next morning with a letter laying on the pillow next to me. It must've arrived early in the morning as it was crumpled from me rolling on it throughout my slumber. The letter was from (y/n). It was her handwriting. I nearly popped up to read the letter.

'Dear Regulus,

Thank Godric Gryffindor you're safe. Honestly Reg, I thought something bad happened. I'm sorry for taking so long to write back. I've been a bit busy for the past two days. I met Andromeda today and she knows about us. She figured out just by recognizing your handwriting. Anyways, we have to start preparing for the Potter's Christmas celebration tomorrow morning. Guests should be arriving around 10 p.m. and some stay till Christmas morning. You're reading this on Christmas Eve, so, I'm wishing you a Happy Christmas.

And yes, I do miss you. A lot. I can't wait to see you when we get back from break.

Write me back.

(Y/n) (l/n)'

I haven't seen Andromeda in years. Ever once in a while I would secretly send a letter to Andromeda, describing my successes like catching the Snitch and winning a challenging game against Ravenclaw. Andromeda would congratulate me and send updates about her own family. Still, I never expected her to remember my writing.

"Regulus," Mother said, standing by my door.

"Yes, Mother?"

"Who's that from?" Mother questioned, her eyes glaring at the letter.

"It's from Evan," I lied. "He was telling me about his holiday plans. I was just about to write back."

"Hmm," she nodded. "I just wanted you to know that your farther and I won't be here tonight or for Christmas. We have important business trips that can not wait after the holidays."

"Okay," I responded, casually. My parents bailing on me for business wasn't new.

"If you wish to go somewhere, ask Kreacher to send you with a carriage," Mother informed.

"Yes, Mother."

"And," Mother continued, "there are a few presents downstairs for you. You can open them when you wish."

"Thank you, Mother," I said, slightly nodding my head.

I never completely hated Mother. She's done and said horrible, unforgivable things, but there are moments when she's an actual mum. The times when she would personally cook dinner herself, with no help from Kreacher, or when she would leave presents on the dining table instead of a tree because it was to "unflattering." I was her son, she just doesn't want me to end up like Sirius. That's where the motherly love ends. Being like Sirius.

~~~

(Y/N)'s pov

We all spent the whole afternoon cleaning. With me staying up late and Sirius's snores echoing throughout the entire house, I was so tired and drained that I couldn't even walk. I plopped onto the couch, looking at the Potter's clock.

'5:22' I said in my head, 'five hours before guests start arriving, only takes an hour and a half to get ready. I need at least a three hour nap.'

Just as I began to rest, Andromeda called me from her guest room, "(Y/n)! Come help me, please!"

I groaned and got up, walking towards the guest room and almost falling asleep while I dragged myself up the stairs.