Dear Sirius

Sirius's pov

"Happy Birthday, Padfoot!" James exclaimed, hopping onto my bed.

"Bloody hell, James." I groaned, "What time is it?" I looked beyond my bed to see Remus and Peter beaming behind James. I looked to the window to see that the light that lit the room, was the light from outside.

"12 a.m.! You're sixteen! One more year and you'll be of age!" Peter squeaked. I grinned at my friends and sat up.

"Your majesty," Remus said in a posh voice as he placed a fake, gold crown on my head. I got out of bed and looked in the mirror. The crown had sparkled letters that spelled 'Happy Birthday!'

"Thanks, mate." I sighed, patting Remus's back when I went back to my bed. "It suits me." I smirked, placing a strand of hair behind my ear. "So, what's the plan?" I asked, eyes full of excitement.

"We're goi-" James started, but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Who would need us right now?" Remus questioned.

"Probably Longbottom checking in on us." I shrugged. Frank Longbottom. Good mate, always stops by to see if we're up to anything. The Marauders and I looked at each other. We all shrugged so I walked to the door and opened it. I beamed when I saw who it was. "(Y/n)!" I exclaimed as she leaped into my arms.

"Happy Birthday, Sirius!" She laughed, hugging me.

"How did you get up here?" I asked as we parted from the hug.

"Oh, nevermind that," (y/n) waved her hand, "I just wanted to be one of the first few people to say happy birthday."

"Thank you, (y/n)."

"Nice crown," she smirked, pointing to the golden crown Remus gave me.

"I know, it makes me feel like royalty." I said, standing up straight and putting my chin up.

"I should probably go back to bed."
(Y/n) sighed, "I don't want to get caught up in whatever you guys are going to do."

"But you just got here!" I whined.

"Sorry, Sirius. We have a whole day to celebrate. I think you'll live," (Y/n) smiled at the Marauders and I. She gave me another quick hug before she left. We all watched (y/n) leave and once she was gone, I slowly faced the Marauders again.

"So...what's the plan, again?" I asked.

"You already know we're going to have a party," James began, slowly growing a mischievous smirk on his face. "But...how about a quick midnight trip to Hogsmeade?" James cocked a brow, taking out the map from his back pocket.

"I like the sound of that..."

~~~

(Y/N)'s pov

'Dear Sirius,' I wrote on a piece of parchment. I tried to think of other words but I couldn't figure out what to say.

'Dear Sirius...Dear Sirius...Dear Sirius.' Played in the back of my head. It was around five a.m. and I was sitting in the common room, figuring out what to write. I woke up in the middle of the night to wish Sirius a happy birthday and since then, I had a bad time sleeping. I spent an hour thinking about the letter. 'Oh! I know!'

'Dear Sirius,

Happy Birthday!'

I read the one and only sentence on the parchment.

'I'll think of something.' I huffed, placing my quill down. I started to get a headache from the lack of sleep and the endless thoughts of words. I didn't think this would be so stressful.