First Day (pt. 1)

(Y/N)'s pov
I was disappointed in myself. I was disappointed and I was in Dumbledore's office with the Marauders and with Snape along with a couple of Slytherin boys. Everyone was bruised and messy while Snape had a black eye and Sirius had a bloody nose.

*earlier that day*

It was pretty early and I didn't have the best amount of sleep. The time difference was something I had to adapt to. I got up noticing that everyone else was still asleep. I got dressed and I noticed that I preferred the Hogwarts uniform over the Ilvermorny one. The Hogwarts uniform was much more casual.

I walked down the stairs that led to the common room. It was empty except for one person...Remus Lupin. There was different ways I could've approached the prefect. One, I could sass him. Two, I could be polite and apologize to him about yesterday. Three, I could just ignore him.

'Hmm...I don't want to be rude and ignore him...I definitely don't want to give him sass because Remus is really nice...but I'm also pretty stubborn... I'm just going to be polite but not say sorry.' I thought.

I walked by him, "Good morning." I smiled and sat down on a sofa chair.

"Hello." He responded. We sat in silence for a few minutes. I was looking around at the paintings that hanged in the common room and Remus was reading. "Sorry about last night." He suddenly said.

"It's alright. You don't have to apologize, there's no need." I quietly said. "If anything I should be the one to apologize, especially since you were so kind on the express...and I was giving you attitude...sorry."

"It's fine. You're definitely not the first." He chuckled. "Why are you up so early?"

"Time difference. Didn't really sleep well but I'll get used to it." Remus nodded his head.

"Makes sense."

"I'm going to head back up to my dorm to see if anyone is awake."

"Okay, see you around (y/n)." Remus said and went back to reading his book.

"See ya." I responded as I walked back up the stairs to my dormitory.

~~~

"Morning Lily." I whispered, Lily was dressed and was putting on her shoes.

"Hello (y/n)." Lily whispered back, we didn't want to wake up our other dorm mates.

"Are you ready?" I asked, I was pretty hungry and I wanted to get to breakfast early.

"Yeah, let's go." Lily and I silently walked out of our dorm and walked down to the common room together. The common room was still empty, except for a few students leaving through the portrait hole.

"Come on." I said and we left the common room. "Good morning, Elizabeth."

"Hello there, darling. How did you sleep?" Elizabeth asked sweetly.

"Alright, the time difference is something to get used to." I responded.

"Well then, I hope you two have a good day." Elizabeth waved at us both.

"You too." Lily and I said then we left to the Great Hall.

~~~

Peter's pov

I was awaken by Prongs who was violently shaking me.

"Bloody hell...what do you want?" I groaned, it might have sounded a little rude but I was tired.

"Calm down mate," Prongs replied, "get up, you wouldn't want to be late for breakfast."

I rolled out of bed, Prongs was dressed, Moony was putting on his shoes, and Padfoot was fixing his hair. I got up and got dressed as quickly as possible so they wouldn't wait.

~~~

We just left the portrait hole and I looked at the woman. "Mornin Elizabeth." I said, she smiled and waved.

"What (y/n) did was brilliant, wasn't it?" Moony said, "that girl has some nerve."

"That's why she put in Gryffindor of course." Prongs said while he patted Moony's back.

"Oi Prongs" Padfoot called.

"Hmm." Prongs responded.

"What do you think (y/n) is planning for you and Lily?"

"I dunno...let's try talking to her at breakfast."

"No way." Moony said, "She'll be with Lily, and Lily will get suspicious. We should wait after school and say we're going to study or something."

"Studying? On our first day?" Padfoot scoffed.

"Or something..." James winked.

"Let's just get to breakfast." I said, everyone can hear my stomach growling.

~~~

Lily's pov

"Oh great...they're here." I said, unamused. The Marauders just came into the Great Hall and I'm pretty sure I heard a few girls giggle at the Hufflepuff table as Sirius walked by.

"Relax Lily, I'm sure they're not that bad." (Y/n) said, she clearly didn't know them the way I do.

"I've known them ever since 1st year, I think I know if they're bad or not."

"Just saying. There is more than one side to a story." (Y/n) raised an eyebrow at me and I rolled my eyes. Sure people have different perspectives, but mine didn't like them very well.

"Good morning malady." James sat next to me and (y/n) facepalmed herself.

"I'm nobody's lady, and I'm certainly not yours." I stuck my nose up in the opposite direction of James. I could hear his friends chuckling. (Y/n) was looking at James displeased. James seemed to be a little embarrassed but didn't let it show.

"Okay then..." (y/n) began to say something else but then we all got our schedules.

"Ugh. Potions with Slytherins." Sirius groaned.

"They're not that bad." I was getting annoyed, well, whenever the Marauders are near, how can I not be annoyed? "I'm going to the loo before class starts." I got up and gave a smile to (y/n) and I shot a death glare at the Marauders. Then I just walked away.

~~~

(Y/N)'s pov

"You know, you're not helping." I said to James once I noticed Lily was out of sight.

"You're not helping either. You're not even talking to us about the plan." James snapped back. James was pretty upset.

"I'm sorry, but I literally met you a day ago and this is a big favor. I'm still new here and I haven't even had my first class yet and you're snapping at me." I really was sorry, but that sounded like I was making myself the victim. I waited a few seconds before I decided to say, "I'm sorry. I'm going to help you, don't worry." I looked at James with my soft eyes. That's how you know I'm there for you. James gave me a soft smile and then continued to eat. The Marauders looked at me in awe, as if I was the best person in the world. To be honest, I really am.