Hogsmeade (Again)

(Y/N)'s pov

The Hogsmeade trip was scheduled earlier this year. Way earlier. It was the first Sunday back from the holiday break, and the trip to Hogsmeade was already the next day.

I had just arrived at the cottage after a week of not seeing Regulus. We haven't had any interaction whatsoever since we got back to Hogwarts.

"Regulus? Are you in here?" I called as I opened the front door of the cottage.

"Back here!" I heard Regulus shout from the hallway.

"Reggie!" I exclaimed as I sprinted to the hall and gave Regulus a huge hug.

"Hi," he softly chuckled.

"Hi," I huffed, releasing from the hug. "Regulus Arcturus Black! You nearly scared me to death!"

"What?"

"Are you okay?" I questioned. "Did Mulciber hurt you? What did he say?"

"(Y/n) relax," Regulus sighed. "He... he didn't do anything. There's nothing for you to worry about."

"Reg, you can tell me the truth," I said sincerely.

"Trust me, everything is fine," he assured.

"Okay, I trust you."

"Thank you. I don't need you to worry about me," Regulus smiled.

"I'm going to worry about you either way," I responded, crossing my arms.

"I know," Regulus chuckled.

"So, are you going to Hogsmeade tomorrow?" I asked as I sat down on the window seat.

"No," Regulus answered, shaking his head.

"Why not?"

"It's boring there," he shrugged.

"It's only boring if you're with boring people," I pointed.

"I can't go with you," Regulus quickly replied. "I- I don't want Mulciber to say anything to my parents. I'm sorry."

"Hey, I get it," I nodded. "It's perfectly fine. I'll buy you something."

"No, it's fine," Regulus said, shaking his head once more.

"Please, I insist," I said. "I didn't get you a Christmas gift anyway."

"Your letter was more than enough," Regulus mumbled as he slightly smiled.

"And so was yours," I noted. "If I find something you might like, I'll get it for you."

"Fine."

Regulus sat down on the window seat beside me. I looked at Regulus for a bit, and as he started to stretch, his robe sleeve started to slide up his arm. That was when I noticed something on Regulus's arm.

"Regulus, is that a bruise?" I questioned, leaning forward to get a better look.

"Oh, I, uh, I accidentally bumped into the corner of the table earlier," Regulus replied, pulling down his sleeves.

"Reg, that's a huge bruise," I huffed.

"I-I know," he nodded.

"Did you lie to me about Mulciber?"

"Yes, I did," Regulus answered after taking a minute to respond. "I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you tell me the truth?" I questioned, moving closer to him.

"I didn't want you to worry," Regulus said, shaking his head while his voice broke a little.

"Well, I am worried," I sighed. "Regulus, I'll keep you safe."