Slytherin vs. Gryffindor

(Y/N)'s pov

I was prepping inside the quidditch changing room. I had just put on my jersey, number 11.

"Sirius hurry up! Your hair doesn't need to be perfect for the game!" Dahlia shouted from outside the changing room. Everyone except Sirius and I were outside. Sirius was fixing his hair for the 100th time, trying to make it perfect for quidditch. I was just doing some last minute touch ups before I went out with the others.

"My hair is always perfect, miss!" He shouted back at Dahlia. "I just don't want it to get ruined while playing."

"Sorry, Sirius, but we gotta go," I said as I walked to Sirius and put his hair in a messy ponytail.

"What are you doing? No one is allowed to touch my hair except-" Sirius rambling was cut off by his reflection from a small mirror. "Oh wait, that's actually really good."

"Come on, pretty boy," I sighed, pulling Sirius off the bench.

"(Y/n) (l/n), you have permission to touch my hair whenever you please." Sirius said before we went outside with the others.

"Cool?" I said, unsurely.

"Cool, indeed." Sirius proudly nodded his head.

Finally, everyone was outside the changing rooms and ready for the game. The team was in a circle and I went to stand by Marlene. James was a bit farther from everyone else because he couldn't stop talking and every two minutes he would let out a loud "WHOO!" that would distract everyone.

"Okay, is everyone here?" Dahlia asked once James finally cooled down and our circle was complete. Everyone nodded their head in response. "Good. Now this is the first game of the season and all I want to say is: try not to die."

"Astonishing words, captain," Marlene teased, making everyone chuckle.

"Yes, I know," Dahlia playfully flipped her hair. "But I also want you all to be confident and cautious. I'm sure most of you know the rules and I'm positive that you'll do great today. Remember, try not to die."

"I'll tattoo it on my body to remember." Sirius joked, but I had a feeling Sirius wasn't joking. Sirius would talk about tattoos and how they would be perfect to piss off his parents.

A minute after, Dahlia said a short speech about hard work and how it's going to pay off.

"Now let's play quidditch!" Dahlia yelled once she was finally done with her speech and lead us to the field.

"Yeah!" James shouted as he followed after her. The rest of our team cheered before following James and Dahlia.

"Does anyone know who's Commentator?" I asked the team as I followed the quidditch captain and quidditch geek.

"Yeah, some Ravenclaw," Marlene answered. "A seventh year, I think."

"I was expecting a more specific answer, but okay," I shrugged and continued to walk.

We followed the rest of the team and we only had a few seconds to mount on our brooms before the gate to the quidditch pitch opened. We flew out in a V formation and heard loud cheers and roars from our house. The weather was a bit chilly and the sun was slightly covered by the clouds, but it was still bright.

"Good day, everyone! Welcome to the first quidditch game of the season! Today's game is Slytherin vs. Gryffindor!"  The Ravenclaw Commentator said into the bell-like  microphone. "The Gryffindor Quidditch team flies into the air!"

I looked over at the Gryffindor stand and saw the Viragos with Gryffindor inspired makeup and next to them was Remus and Peter. The two Marauders wore Gryffindor scarves and had a bit of face paint on their cheeks.