First Snow Day

(Y/N)'s pov

"AHHHHHHH!" One of the Viragos exclaimed.

"What?" I shot up from my bed and went to check on who was screaming and why. When I got up I saw Lily staring out the window with her hands pressed against the window in amazement. The rest of the Viragos scurried behind Lily and looked out the window.

"It's snowing!" Dorcas beamed, hugging Marlene as she did.

"Really?" I smiled and stood beside Lily to watch a fresh new layer of white snow fall on the floor. It looked beautiful.

It was Sunday, December 14 and it was only a week away from the holiday break.

"Well? What are we waiting for? Let's get some breakfast and head out!" Marlene smiled as she went into the restroom to change. The rest of the Viragos and I shared a few looks before getting ready for the day.

~~~

"Okay, so what's the plan for today?" Dorcas asked, rubbing her hands excitedly together.

"Uh...well, I'm going to see Hagrid today," I replied.

"You always see Hagrid on Sundays though. Do you really have to stop by his hut on the first snow day?" Marlene questioned with a small whine.

"It's part of my schedule, I can't change it last minute," I shrugged.

"Fine. If Hagrid is so important to you," Marlene rolled her eyes. I softly chuckled in response.

"How about we go to the Courtyard and build snowmen or something," Mary suggested.

"Ooo, and we can have a snowball fight," Lily added with a large smile on her face.

"Yes!" Mary beamed.

What the Viragos were planning seemed like a lot of fun, and I did have a couple of hours before I had to meet with "Hagrid"...

"Well, I don't have to meet with Hagrid just yet. I'm sure I have time for a few rounds of snowball fights and snowmen building," I said.

"Perfect!" Dorcas smiled. "Come on, let's grab our snow gear and head out!"

~~~

"So, what now?" Lily asked once we got to the Courtyard.

"Now...we fight!" I said, throwing a snowball at her. Lily playfully scoffed and picked up some snow, forming it into a ball. She threw the snowball at Mary.

We kept throwing snowballs at each other until we were all tired out. Marlene and Dorcas laid on the floor and started to make snow angels together. Mary, Lily, and I began to form a snowman. Mary added the finishing touches and Lily took off her Gryffindor scarf and wrapped it around the snowman's "neck".

"What are we gonna name him?" Mary asked.

"Bob." Marlene answered sitting up from her snow angel position.

"Bob? Why Bob?" Dorcas asked as she sat up.

"Why not Bob?" Marlene responded. The Viragos and I stared at each other in silence for a few moments before we bursted out laughing.

"Bob it is," I smiled as we continued to laugh.

"Hello Viragos," a voice said behind us, silencing us all. We all turned our heads in unison.

"Hello Marauder," Dorcas said.

"Oh, please," Lily scoffed. "Remus is a Virago when he's with us."

"Thanks Lily," Remus smiled as he looked at all of us. His eyes landed on the snowman. "Uh- who's your friend?" Remus asked.

"That's Bob," Mary answered.