First Day (pt. 2)

(Y/N)'s pov

"This way (y/n)." James was leading the way to our first class, which was Charms.

I noticed everyone staring at me but I just ignored it. Lily was walking with her Slytherin friend.

"Ugh, Snivellous." James said in full disgust as he notice them walking pass us.

"Snivellous?" I questioned, I had no idea if that was a nickname James gave the Slytherin, or if his family hated him and decided to give him a stupid name.

"Oh uh- that's Severus Snape." James replied, "We call him Snivellous."

"And is Lily friends with Severus?" I had to know if that was one of the reasons why Lily hated him. He made fun of her friend.

"Yeah, I don't know why though. He always call her...bad things."

"Bad things like dirty blood?" I asked shyly. I've only been called it once before. I usually ignore people when they hate me (knowing that they're absolutely stupid for thinking that) but being called a dirty blood hurts...as if you're a disgrace.

"Yeah...things like that..."

I could tell everything was getting a little awkward.

"I think I have another idea on how I can help you." I calmly said.

"You do?!" James eyes widen and he had a grin on his face.

"I do." I smirked and we continued walking to class.

~~~

We got to class and I didn't know where to sit. Personally, this is probably the worst part of being new. You didn't know who to sit with, Remus was with Peter, James was with Sirius, and Lily was with Severus. I looked around I noticed that there was some empty space in the back.

'I'll sit there and see if anyone will approach me.'

I wasn't a big fan of approaching others. I sat down and I brought out my stuff.

"Okay class, we're going to revise old spells we've learned before, then we'll start working on new ones." Professor Flitwick was a small man (I'm pretty Professor McGonagall told me he was Part-Goblin.) He was pretty cool and very intelligent, I'll say.

~~~

School day went on and on. After Charms, we had Transfiguration, then we had Defense the Dark Arts. For lunch, I sat with Marauders. James was begging for me to tell him my ideas but I was just trying to enjoy my sandwich. We had Herbology after lunch, then History of Magic, and then we had Potions. Of course we had our elective classes, I was taking Divination and Care of Magical Creatures. I'm pretty sure I have Care of Magical Creatures with Lily, but she was taking Arithmancy instead of Divination. The Marauders are taking both Care of Magical Creatures and Divination so that should be...interesting.

~~~

I walked into Potions class (before the Marauders) and noticed the professor.

"AHA! Welcome to Hogwarts! I'm Professor Slughorn and it's an honor to teach brilliant students such as yourself!" Professor Slughorn welcomed me and shook my hand. "I heard that you are very gifted in potions."

"Yep." I didn't know what else to say, so I was a little awkward. Thankfully, the Marauders barged in before Professor Slughorn could say anything else.

"Boys!" Professor Slughorn demanded their attention, "Please try your best to be early this school year."

"No promises." James laughed and his friends laughed along.