The plan

Sirius's pov

"I hope (y/n)'s alright." I sighed. The Marauders and I decided it would be best if we went back to our dorms.

"She'll be fine. It's not her that I'm worried about. It's Lily." Prongs uttered.

"Prongs, now is not the time to think about Lily. (Y/n) can get in trouble!" Wormtail exclaimed.

"No, I know. I'm talking about (y/n) and Lily. What if something bad happens between them? Then (y/n) be able to help me. Or..."

"Or?"

"What if (y/n) stops hanging out with us? What if she starts hating us like how Lily and Snivellous hates us?"

"That won't happened. (Y/n) promised that she would help you. She understands her- our mistakes." Moony assured.

"I guess..." Prongs huffed, "What do you think she's planning?"

All of us groaned.

"I don't know, Prongs. But right now, we should just let (y/n) do her own thing. Besides there are more interesting things to talk about." Moony glanced at Wormtail and Prongs for a quick second.

"Like?" I asked.

"Like...you and (y/n)." Wormtail chuckled.

"Stop. I was only defending her."

"You started a fight for her. Oh and what was that thing you told her...'I just do'?" Prongs smirked.

"Wouldn't you guys punch a guy if he's being an arsehole?"

"Yes, but you did it for (y/n)." Moony teased.

"Moony, didn't you say that being respectful towards someone doesn't mean you fancy them? Well, just because I'm defending someone it doesn't mean I fancy them." Moony opened his mouth but immediately closed it.

"Fair point." He murmured.

~~~

(Y/N)'s pov

Almost a week went by since the fight. It was now Friday. I didn't talk to the Marauders that much and I only hanged out with my dorm mates the rest if the week. I would only talk to the Marauders during class. I'm sure they know I'm just focusing on my academics, and I'm not mad at them or anything. Classes ended about two hours ago, and I was looking for James to discuss about...my plan. I was wandering around and I noticed something...or someone.

"James?" I called out when a saw a boy with dark hair sitting on a bench all alone. No response.

'Why would James be alone?' I wondered. 'I don't even see Sirius near.'

I walked up to the boy, "James?" The boy was...reading? James doesn't read during his free time that's for sure. James doesn't read period. The boy looked up at me. Definitely not James. He was a Slytherin and he had facial features that seemed familiar. "Oh! Uh- sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt. I'm looking for my friend." He looked at me for a bit.

"You're that new transfer student, correct?" He asked.

"Yes- uh- correct."

"(Y/n) (l/n)? Right?"

"Right again." I smiled. "I was just looking for my friend and I mistaken you for him. I'm sorry...I didn't mean to intrude."

"It's perfectly fine." He gave a small smile back. I don't know if I was waiting for him to say something or if he was waiting for me to say something. He cleared his throat. "Reg-" he started to introduce himself but was interrupted by a voice from behind.

"(Y/N)!" We both looked back and we saw Sirius and James running towards us. I looked back at the boy.

"I'm going to go now." The boy said, gathering up his things.

"But- why?" I asked.

"Good day." He said and scurried off. I watched the boy quickly run off and Sirius finally reached me.

"What are you doing?" Sirius asked.

"I was looking for James but then I mistaken that boy for him."

"Yeah? Well don't talk to that boy." He said. Sirius was -for once- being serious.

"Why?"

"Not now, (y/n). Come on, Remus and Peter are at the Black Lake waiting for us." Sirius said, changing the subject.

"Okay..." I responded, "Sirius, not now, but later, you have things to explain. Now let's go."

~~~

The walk to the Black Lake was pretty quiet, but my head was roaring with thoughts.

'Why is Sirius so upset about a boy? I'm my own person I can talk to whoever I want. What house was the boy in? Hmmm....Slytherin! No wonder why Sirius doesn't like him...he's a Slytherin. That's stupid. And stereotypical. I'm sure not all Slytherins are the same. And I'm sure all Slytherins all not like Snape. Like Professor Slughorn.'

"Alright. We're here." There was a black lake (obviously) and the Marauders set up a blanket on the floor. Peter and Remus were already there.

*5 minutes later*

"Okay so, We are here today to help James Potter win the heart of Lily Evans. Now we all know what she called you. All you got to do is to prove to her that you're nothing like that, you know? That you're not a immature, disrespectful, idiotic bully."

"Lily didn't call me idiotic." James muttered.

"Uh- I'm sure...at one point- Anyways, something that can help you is for you to..." I thought about it, will it really work? I sighed.

"Well?" James questioned.

"Well...you're gonna have to stop calling Snape 'Snivellous'."

"What!? Why?!" He whined.

"Because Snape is Lily's friend and if you make fun of him, it'll make things worse. If Snape bothers you be the bigger person. Ignore him. If you ignore him, Lily will notice how mature you are."

"I'll try." James mumbled, bitterly.

"Okay! Next...you have to show Lily you're not a bully. Help others, read stories to first years, Lily would appreciate that."

"Okay, I can do that. What else?"

"That's all. For now."

"Really? That doesn't seem so hard." Peter muttered.

"It's not the what you do that's hard, it's the actual falling in love part that is. Lily is going to take notice of your actions, rethink her opinions about you, wonder if she was wrong about you, realizes you're not so bad, grows small interest, deny her feelings for awhile, but with Lily, who knows how long 'awhile' will be. Then, we'll see what happens. When she does warm up to you, you can try asking her out then. Easy. Well...not really."

"Thank you, (y/n)." James smiled.

"Anytime."

"That seems like a good plan...well it's going to be a long process, but it's still good." Remus nodded.

"I know it's a good plan. I wish we could talk more, but Black," I stared right into his eyes, "we got to talk."