Yellow Rose

(Y/N)'s pov

"Happy birthday, (y/n)!" Mary cheered, opening my bed curtain.

"Huh? What?" I mumbled as I slowly opened my eyes to see a blurry figure of Mary.

"Happy birthday," she smiled, "come on now, sit up."

Mary hugged me as I rose and gave me a pin that said "It's my birthday!" The phrase would change into an image of a birthday cake with streamers falling around it. All of the Viragos came in for a group hug and swayed me around as they softly hummed 'Happy Birthday.'

"Aw, thank you guys," I smiled, feeling tears form.

"Get together," Lily beamed, taking out her camera. "I'll take a picture."

Mary and I posed and smiled as Lily took a picture, letting the film fall into her hands.

"I'll enchant it later," Lily sighed, setting the photo onto a counter beside her. "This is the first of many pictures of today!"

"This is all so thoughtful, thank you," I wholeheartedly whispered to all of the Viragos. If I spoke too loud, I was afraid I was going to burst into tears.

"It's no big deal-" Marlene began to say, but we all heard a knock at the door.

"It's probably the Marauders," I said, looking over at the door. I saw in the corner of my eye that Lily kept her eyes on the floor. Things have been rough since Valentine's. "I'll get it."

"Happy birthday, (y/n)!" The boys cheered as they threw confetti as soon as I opened the door.

"Thanks guys," I smiled as I closed the door behind me and gave them all a hug. "Anything on the agenda today? Any party?"

"I think we should take a little break from the parties," James awkwardly laughed, scratching the back of his head. What went down with Lily clearly still bothered him.

"Thank Godric," I sighed, "I still have a headache from Valentine's Day."

"Oh, we wanted to give you this," Peter beamed, taking out a small box from his pocket.

"It's a gift from all of us," Remus winked.

"You really didn't have to," I said, observing the box. There wasn't anything particular about it. It was a standard box, yet I made sure there wasn't any hidden birthday prank.

"We know, but, you deserve it," Peter said. "You're our friend."

"A great friend," Remus added.

"You know, you can open it," Sirius whispered to me like I was a child. "It's not like it'll explode."

"We'll see about that," I joked, removing the cover of the box.

There was no explosion, or bugs, or any prank for that matter. Inside was a silver necklace that had a pendant shaped as a heart. On one side of the heart, there was a Mayflower imprinted. The other side had my initial in delicate handwriting. It was so simple yet meant so much.

"It's so beautiful," I whispered in awe, examining every detail.

"Told you it wouldn't explode," Sirius said, giving me a ridiculous smile. I looked up at him and rolled my eyes, but quickly put my attention back on my new necklace.

"We know it's simple but we know how much Mayflowers mean to you and we thought you'd like it," James shrugged.

"It's perfect," I smiled as Remus took the necklace from my hands and helped me put it on. "Thank you all so much."

"Now," Peter yawned, "we'll go back to our dorms."

"Good idea," I laughed lightly. "You all really need your beauty sleep."